War-God Matt

How To Scale 101

Very interesting.

I'll make good use of this, merci!

The stas align; Elune be with you.

Edited by Eclipse

The stars align; Elune be with you.

tbh if ur playing a night elf u got the right to .mod scale 1.1 tbh just do it baby get towering

I've began updating the post, it sorely needed it in every possible way.

Will add a slightly faster, alternative way of doing the calculations using inches instead of centimeters, thanks to @Nilith for pointing out it was missing.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

Annual reminder that the standard scale for a Mok'Nathal is 1.6.

Thank you.

On 5/27/2019 at 6:22 PM, Aelle said:

Annual reminder that the standard scale for a Mok'Nathal is 1.6.

Thank you.

Considering that 1.6 for a male orc is ~11 feet and the lore height for male ogres varying between 6 and 12 feet, I wouldn't say that's very accurate to lore. :')

Lore is bendy. =3

All Mok'Nathal NPCs that appear ingame are 1.6 scale. =)

On 5/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, Aelle said:

Lore is bendy. =3

All Mok'Nathal NPCs that appear ingame are 1.6 scale. =)

Yea but Mok'nathal have always been the middle ground between orc and ogre, hence they shouldn't be taller than most ogres.

And all those NPCs are from TBC-era, aka they were scaled up for the cool factor, not lore factor. Rexxar in BfA is much shorter than the TBC Mok'nathal, shorter than a tauren even, so if anything he's the most accurate and up to date.

casual reminder that u shouldnt enforce accurate scaling on people and if they have a height listed in their trp which they don't represent and they dont want to portray it ingame, you should treat it as if they're accurately scaled.

Updated with the Patch 8.2.0 model changes for gnomes and tauren and the Patch 8.2.5 model updates for goblins and worgen.

All changes included in a changelog.

On 12/17/2019 at 6:20 PM, ward said:

casual reminder that u shouldnt enforce accurate scaling on people and if they have a height listed in their trp which they don't represent and they dont want to portray it ingame, you should treat it as if they're accurately scaled.

Not sure how I missed this but, I don't ever recall enforcing or trying to force anyone to scale. All I've ever done is inform people of the accurate scale for whatever height they may have set for their character, and I generally do so through whispers. If they then wish to use—or not use—said scale is entirely up to them.

Unless you meant that in general for people that have tried to enforce it, in which case, that's silly of them.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:23 PM, War-God Matt said:

Updated with the Patch 8.2.0 model changes for gnomes and tauren and the Patch 8.2.5 model updates for goblins and worgen.

All changes included in a changelog.

Not sure how I missed this but, I don't ever recall enforcing or trying to force anyone to scale. All I've ever done is inform people of the accurate scale for whatever height they may have set for their character, and I generally do so through whispers. If they then wish to use—or not use—said scale is entirely up to them.

Unless you meant that in general for people that have tried to enforce it, in which case, that's silly of them.

yeah i meant it in general i dont blame u for it

Updated.

• Added lore height and scale to Tauren/Highmountain Tauren and Zandalari Troll.
  • Centimeters capped at 6 decimals to align with World of Warcraft's in-game standards.

All changes included in the changelog.

Didn't find this addon till some days ago - It should really be included in the default addon list Epsilon already gets upon downloading! Thanks!

Edited by Valiantic

Sadly, links to the forum thread and addon no longer working. Lost the addon after changing PC. Was quite useful.