Sign in to follow this  
ArvickCorpsebane

D&D inspired custom lore RP? [Interest Check]

I was wondering if some of you guys wouldn't be interested in D&D-like Roleplay.

You know, D&D with Beholders, Dragons, Tieflings and all that jazz. Leaning towards a Homebrew setting so I don't confuse new people with tons and tons of D&D lore and rules. I still want to create something akin to it, though.

For example, I feel like using the Open Legend RPG rulebook would be really cool (or at least a variation of the said rulebook). It's all free to read online and allows much more creativity than classic D&D editions. There are some things I do not like about it, but I think we can bend the rules a little for the sake of a more immersive RP experience.

http://www.openlegendrpg.com/

If you're interested in this premise, bump the thread and let me know what you think about it.

unknown.png

Given that there's like fifty topics like these with interests checks, none ever making it into the game, I question the passion of both players and the "host" of these ideas. It doesn't work, at least, it hasn't yet. There's interest, but there's nothing to show for it and nothing making it past the idea phase. You're already aware people want RP, and people will do many things, but it doesn't seem people have the energy to pull it off.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Given that there's like fifty topics like these with interests checks, none ever making it into the game, I question the passion of both players and the "host" of these ideas. It doesn't work, at least, it hasn't yet. There's interest, but there's nothing to show for it and nothing making it past the idea phase. You're already aware people want RP, and people will do many things, but it doesn't seem people have the energy to pull it off.

Better make sure it does work then. I have always been an advocate of taking action to provide RP when there is none. I checked some other topics and you are right. There is a big interest in a DnD-like setting, but people scarcely do anything, seldom care to develop it beyond "look at me, I have an idea!"

I intend this to be a long-time endeavor. Flashing out a DnD story is always a struggle.

Edited by ArvickCorpsebane

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Visaerys said:

I'm up for some d&d fun, but I'm a newbie so I would need some help :<

max out strength and use ur real life intelligence to make up for the fact that your character is dumb

become an unkillable warrior

gg

12 hours ago, Romeo said:

max out strength and use ur real life intelligence to make up for the fact that your character is dumb

become an unkillable warrior

gg

Thought about going a barbarian dum-dum ;p. Is there a discord for this?