Sign in to follow this  
Insomnia

How To Add a Local Exe (Used for custom patches)

Hello Epsilon, today I will be going through the incredibly simple process of adding a local exe to your client to null and void the process of the CDN contacting your client and all the technical shizz-bang that stops us from modifying our clients.  Though before actually going through the process of doing so I would like to point out the reasons why we can't and the risks you go through by doing so.

- You will have NO help

Yes, you read that right.  The Epsilon staff no longer have an reason or obligation to help you in any way once you do this.  If you decide to modify your client it could lead to issues caused by a faulty patch, once you've taken this step it's in the hands of yourself or the patchers to fix it.  Do NOT contact Epsilon staff.

- Future Updates

In future the CDN Will have far more use that it has now.  In the short-term it has crippled patch development, but in the distant future once it is fixed or repaired (or whatever issues are on staff-side) everyone will have the same patches.  This destroys the whole 'go download my patch to see my character accurately portrayed' because we'll all have the same custom content!  In future we will all be able to plug and play the same game with ease for those who aren't tech-savy.  Granted some patches will be made by you - but YOU can submit it and if it's not NSFW and of moderate quality it'll probably get added!  Not to mention patches won't need to replace items ingame. 

- COULD break your game

Though I'm not entirely sure myself, if you do this wrong there is a MINOR chance you could mess up your game.  Worst case scenario, reinstall Epsipep. 

Now that all the boring warnings are out of the way, I will show you the incredibly simple process of installing it so you nerds can use your edgy patches from Cloaks to futas (Gross creatures).  The entire process can be wrapped up in a few simple steps.

-Download the ZIP file attatched to this post.

-Extract it into your Epsilon folder which for me is listed as follows:  This PC > Desktop > EpsilonWoW (though it's likely different for you, depending on where you installed it)

-Once you have the Exe within your folder, run it.  If you've gotten that far and are able to login it means you are a Human being capable of a simple task, congrats!  Now, off with you - to your edgy patches!

I cannot speak for the patches you install however, the installation process on them may vary.  Regardless - enjoy!

Epsilon-Dev.rar

DO NOTE THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL DEV CLIENT, THIS IS A PLAYER MADE MODIFICATION AND THEREFORE STAFF IS NOT OBLIGATED TO HELP YOU WITH ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR CLIENT.

(On another note, I've found that if you run the normal Exe connected to CDN, it will download anything from the CDN on epsilon to your folder, which means this exe is unaffected.  If you use the local one it will keep these and still be modifiable.  This means that you can switch between them at your leisure.  Interesting.)

Edited by Insomnia
More details.

fdfgsdfgs.png

i'm pretty sure if this is the same -dev as before it doesn't actually work because it was intended for private usage and accidentally appeared as a mega link in several discords as azarchius disabled, unless that changed ofc

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

2 hours ago, Rogan said:

i'm pretty sure if this is the same -dev as before it doesn't actually work because it was intended for private usage and accidentally appeared as a mega link in several discords as azarchius disabled, unless that changed ofc

No, this is a different one.  I'm using as we speak, in fact.

fdfgsdfgs.png

ah fair enough -local works fine as well so it's w/e

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

using a modified .exe seems to remove the 94 year old loading screen, so thank you.

Problem is though.
Not a single person tells me how to install a patch, or where to install it to ;-;

36 minutes ago, Terramane said:

Problem is though.
Not a single person tells me how to install a patch, or where to install it to ;-;

If you want to install a patch, simply drag and drop (or extract) them into your main directory (E.g. the one with the exes in it)

fdfgsdfgs.png