Jinal

Hello! Questions from a newcomer

Hello! So, I've just joined, and it looks really good so far :)

I've roleplayed for a few years and stopped just before WoD. Now I've decided to return to RPing, because this looked really cool! I do have a few questions though.

Where in the WoW timeline is the server? If there even is a consensus on this.

Is random RP common? That is walking around and finding people (at say an inn). Or is it primarily organized? (Ok, I'll come and wander into your inn)

And can anyone point me towards a guide for creating phases? Because that seems incredibly cool!

Thanks in advance :) 

Welcome Jinal.

The WoW timeline differs depending on which case you are in, as the server is a general all-gm roleplaying server, it has phases where everything can be done according to the phase owner's design. As such, there isn't any general timeline, instead, there's several, different depending on which phase you join. In phase X, the time may be wotlk, but in another, it's the retail timeline etc etc.

Random RP happens, yes. But since everything is 'squeesed' into different phases, you will have to take the first initiative and join one of these big, current rp hotspots (Light's harbour, Ironshore at the moment). There there's usually a huge kingdom taking place full of exciting things to do and within that, there's roleplayers deep into whatever their characters are doing. Random RP is a driving thing, where you can come and go as you please through various phases.

Above is Epsilon Command Guide. Plenty of useful answers can be found here regarding your phase creating.

This is step II stuff - when you have your phase going you can create your own units (NPCs) inside your custom world and name them, gear them as you please with the guide above.

Hope you find your way in the server! As Romeo said, Light Harbor and Ironshore are the main hubs however there are a few smaller private groups out there too, I believe I recall seeing a few advertisements whilst building last night. A good way to keep tabs on what's what in regards to phases and groups is to look at the #roleplay-ads on the discord as well. Otherwise, feel free to ask around! If you have any other questions can always ask me, i'm always willing to lend a hand. Welcome to the server man! 

Acf089i.gif

Thank you! :) I do have one question. I've been sitting here in my corner and playing with building blocks. How do you write in the global chat?

33 minutes ago, Jinal said:

Thank you! :) I do have one question. I've been sitting here in my corner and playing with building blocks. How do you write in the global chat?

.ann <text.>

Edited by Romeo

I recommend hitting up the discord and checking out #Guild-Ads or whatever it is, you'll find your required niche there!