Romeo

Shadow of Azshara

eSMacCM.png

A cruel and nefarious fiend remained in the shadows of Azshara for a long time – plotting and tricking in the dark of things where a fiend best belongs. But what made this fiend so peculiar was not that he was a fiend! No – for he was. What made him distinct from the others was not a choice of his own; but that of a child. Ah, the innocence of children. So bare and naked in the world before them. So... Pure. But for a fiend it mattered little. His intentions were not entirely as sweet. For a fiend his days and nights covering in the dimness of ruin was now over; no longer shall he fear Malfurion and his elite. No longer shall he scene his brothers of carnage fall before him as he nimbly dances from one massacre to another hopeless to act. No. The fiend demanded vengeance. Vengeance through delusion.

Demon and fiend as he was, his dark zeal was that of deception and trickery. Utilizing these two alone, this particular fiend outsmarted the elves of old and thus outwore the resistance – hiding in the now desolate remains without sinew to act, the fiend; like Sargeras to the well, drew instead to a new power he eagerly sought to thieve. He needed a vessel; someone who could see what he sees, feel what he feels... But not quite look like he looked. Killed on sight as the fiend he was, his only chance to sew his vengeance was through stretching his back and withdrawing from his haven. However, he couldn't without a new face – thus; She grew victim to his atrocity.

Who was she then? Ah. As one might expect this is the tale of a child – and she was indeed a princess. Argent, thick hair with full, stunning eyes; all en-rapt in a slight petite body. Lustrous as her view was also the magical talisman hanging from her neck, sporting the same colour as her eyes – an icy, pale blue. But except this crown-jewel of a gem, the child didn't seem like a lamb of the Highborne. Her clothing was... Ripped, torn – useless in every regard. Yet she soaked in it. That elven elegance. That royal suggestion to her very existence. Whatever she wore didn't matter. It wasn't the clothing he was after.

Dragging him to the surface of the world again, he was immediately the sufferer of the shining and piercing flares of the sun. As a fiend you may already have guessed his spite for such needless sources of daylight. He needed nothing to excel; this fiend. He was the perfect personage for a harbinger under the dark titan's reign. Wolfish and devilish in most regards, the possession of a child would indeed be child's play. To his astonishment however; the child needed no swindling. As soon as the fiend began to unravel before her, this princess of a child; this sweet little naked thing in the dark, seemed almost eager and wild for the eminence of change.

“Who goes there?!” squabbled the little princess.

“Shadow and fear..” gloated the fiend.

“Black, then!” simpered the little one before she quickly mustered the strength for retaliation.

“A-and you?” she quietly replied afterwards.

The dead air broke with the fiend speaking again – it was if he was stunned; or as if each pawn advancing took time and this caused the silence. Unlike what was asked for, however, the fiend refused the question and the princess dubbed him lastingly – Black. Instead, the fiend-- or, Black as he was now suitably aliased, echoed her question again with a grin.

“And who goes there?”

“Stroller and mist!” meeped the elf.

“Cloudwalker, then...” sneered fiend Black.

And so it went on. What was first assumed to be wolf preying on sheep came to wrap itself into hour upon hour of poetry and rimes sprung to heart by the young Nefeli. She had nothing – no one. Everything and everyone she had ever loved, her father, her mother, her capital and her friends had all been mangled to dust and history one way or another. She was a hole – a hole waiting to be filled with something. Purpose! She didn't care about anything else. When Black realized this untapped potential he instead bound her under him and took her as his neophyte, forcefully or not – Nefeli flourished quickly with her new-found powers and in return she exchanged herself for more. The sweet innocence once found within this princess was no more.

As years went by, the elven population slowly started to return to their homeland fearless of any demons still lingering, and with them came the battle-hardened veterans and the Malfurion elite. It became increasingly more difficult for Nefeli to shoulder the burden of being possessed by a demon, and in monumental, far-reaching attempts to be taught even more dark magic simultaneously, Nefeli undertook a path of wrong and malignant ambitions, and her body and soul suffered for it. First came the pale complexity – then the lack of weight and the sundering of emotions. While this was nothing of what it would later become; her ghastly frame was shaping.
Spell by spell, day by day, month by month – year by year.

wxr5x8n.png

... hmm

I can't decide whether this was happy, sad or terrifying.

Regardless of that, a good piece of a story.

Thanks both of you. For me art can be seen in a lot of different perspectives and if you want it to be sad, then it's sad. If you think it's happy, it's happy. It's not about what I think as producer, it is what you feel as a viewer in my opinion when it comes to art. Always subjective. Thanks again! ^_^

i think its pretty terrible. so is the patronising spooge about art every1 already knew that u said after the original crock of shite

2 hours ago, Maurthustus said:

i think its pretty terrible. so is the patronising spooge about art every1 already knew that u said after the original crock of shite

Thanks boss, I appreciate that you elaborated on what I could do better.

I feel the concept of the story even if the concept of a demon simply named 'Black' was kinda silly, but it added to the mystery of his identity. 
Otherwise interesting art, is it original or commission work?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

17 hours ago, Rogan said:

I feel the concept of the story even if the concept of a demon simply named 'Black' was kinda silly, but it added to the mystery of his identity. 
Otherwise interesting art, is it original or commission work?

Original, just edited it a bit! And thanks ^_^