Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

Gods Among Men

Gods Among Men

< A Creation Story >

Every story has a beginning, and every universe has a creation.

From books, to storytellers, to ancient poetry, there's always an origin.

Well this is ours.

"When there was nothing but void in the universe, before time and space, in ages past, a presence made itself known. This presence, dubbed 'The Prime Being' by future generations, phased into our empty reality and cast its arms out into the vastness of non-existence. It purged its own life in a cataclysmic event that would shape the start of creation. The Prime Being's lifeforce took shape in the form of ambient energy, floating out into the cosmos. Where it passed, material took physical form and the first stars blinked into reality. With the death of the ancient Prime Being, the universe was completed. The Being, now long deceased, was nothing more than scattered energy. Its ambient rays drifted about the primal universe, furthering the evolution of all things as it went. The first stars flared for thousands of years, forging new, empty planets with their catastrophic deaths. There are times when these energies could amass together. In rare moments like these, vessels of the lifeblood of creation are made. They are living, sentient, and upon the time of mortals, would be known as Gods."

OOC:

Hello! Welcome to the Gods Among Men forum page! Here is a bit about our guild. We hope you enjoy!

We are set in a custom universe, based around the principle of a creation story. RPers join, and are offered the chance to roleplay as mortals, exploring the new world! Explore the wildlife and thrive in the comfort of your fellow RPers! Upon joining, players are able to immerse themselves in a custom envrionment and truly expand and develop their characters! As a guild, we are stepping into the second chapter of our saga: The Age of Mortals. This chapter will be focused around mortals, you, and how they interact with the world and the Gods.

Spoiler

Gods and the Pantheons

( Currently not accepted )

Upon creation, Gods are gifted with a certain innate ability or dominion over an aspect of creation. These Gods, once integrated with the four Pantheons, are selected to be placed in the Pantheon that best suits them. Pantheons, being groupings of Gods and Goddesses that are most alike. The Pantheons (w/ information) are as follows:

The Pantheon of Life

• The Pantheon of Life is the source for the creation of most living things, if not all. They breath onto rocks, and moss shall grow. They step forth upon the soils of worlds, and there shall be vegetation. To be a member of this Pantheon is to know the building blocks of life itself.

The Pantheon of Death

• The Pantheon of Death is the counterpart of Life. To all things that live, they must at some point die. Similar to the Pantheon of Life, the God of Death created his Pantheon in the image of Death for his siblings to thrive in and perform their duties of taking life when it is most warranted.

The Pantheon of Magic

• With the creation of the Pantheons of Life and Death, came the Pantheon of Magic. Within this Pantheon sparked a new form of creation, magic, that was gifted across the other Pantheons and later, to mortals. Each of these styles of magic flare and react differently.

The Pantheon of the Cosmos

• Finally, the creation of the Pantheon of the Cosmos was enacted. It desired to show creation in all of its magnificence, so, it took hold of whatt was within the universe and began to forge its own creations for all to see and marvel at.

( Please note: Gods are not birthed. They are created by energy and take the form that best represents them. Yes, that means morphs are allowed, but please try and use unique morphs and keep them at character size in normal situations. )

Spoiler

Mortals

Playable races:

• Trolls
  • Orcs
  • Sipans (Tauren)
  • Humans
  • Goblins

( More races will be added as the story progresses! )

Spoiler

Orcs

Orcs are very similar to humans, ion the respect that they are varied, in their own right. At the base of genetics, Orcs are typically more toned compared to the rest of the races, and their overall stature is bigger.

The Orcs may be stereotyped as mindless brutes, however their culture and race go well beyond that. They often make good leaders, great fighters, and yet also make wise shamans or elders. Their skills range from fighting to crafting (metalworking, leatherworking, etc.), leading to serving.

Not many things can be assumed from these beings.

Spoiler

Image result for orc WoW new model

Image result for orc WoW new model

Spoiler

Trolls

From birth, Trolls are large, lanky, and rather tall.

They possess a stock of skills, just as any race, however theirs is rather unique. They make good hunters, skilled shamans, and excellent craftsmen (when it comes to nature-inclined professions). Trolls, however, don't always make the best politicians or leaders, this tying into their reclusive nature.

Trolls are not overly common, either. There are many out in the world, however most split off from the center of society to form their own groupings- the Trolls being the earliest race to segregate. Seeing one isn't exactly a sight to behold, but they are rare enough to recall when you last saw one.

Spoiler

Image result for troll WoW new model

Image result for troll WoW new model

Spoiler

Sipans

Sipans (Singular: Sipan) are rather large, bovine-like creatures. They are one of the more well-built races, and quite possible the tallest- and largest.

The Sipan people are typically quite peaceful, and not generally the warring type- likely due to their standing as herbivores. They have a deep respect for life, and their own, and a Sipan can be safely assumed to make a good friend or ally. Their skills are perhaps the most useful, as their skills as crafters rival that of the Orcs. Along with that, they are good leaders and wisemen.

Sipans are one of the more common races, and nearly every one of them are more respected by the rest of the races.

Spoiler

Image result for tauren WoW new model

Image result for tauren WoW new model

Spoiler

Humans

Humans are possibly one of the most varied races out there. They are just slightly shorter than the Orcs, and their stature can vary.

They are likely the most useful race, in the fact that they are blank slates. They can become nearly anything. (Think stem cells.) Having no particular specialty towards any one thing, their skills in crafting, hunting, fighting, leading, magic is typically average. Many won't become such skilled craftsmen as the Sipans, or as great hunters as the Trolls, however their usefulness lies in their ability to be good in many fields or explore any branch or skill.

Practically nothing can be assumed about Humans, because they are simply so diverse.

Spoiler

Image result for human WoW new model

Image result for human WoW new model

Spoiler

Goblins

Goblins are short and little, and physically not entirely capable. Still they have use, and should not be underestimated. Goblins are definitely one of the smarter races, and thus make good crafters. Their lack of physical ability is made up for their wits and their magical prowess. Shamans are definitely something they can be, along with elders and sometimes leaders.

Overall, Goblins may not seem the best race, however they have their uses and if it means anything, they are one of the oldest races known.

Spoiler

Image result for goblin WoW new model

Mortal Villages

-Lubezu

Lubezu is a village of progress and ingenuity. The village focuses on creativity, construction, along with combat and writing. They are very centered around knowledge and success. The Lubezu village is closely tied with the element of Fire, and is located in a tropical rain forest.

-Owele

Owele is a village of customs and beliefs. They are the founders of the entire magical field of shamanism, and are greatly in-tune with nature and it's elements. The villagers are very much so a spiritual people, and hold the world around them in high regard. The Owele village is located in the marsh and swamp lands, and therefor closely tied with the element of Water.

Want to apply for the guild? We have a form you can fill out!

https://tinyurl.com/GAMForm

Questions? Here are some ways you can reach me! (Ranked in order from most recommended to least.)

1. Discord! My Discord is... well... too long to put in here. I'm Eclipse, if you know of me. I'm on the Epsilon Discord, just search for me if you're on there.
  2. In-game! I'm not on my guild character as often as I'd like to be, but in the event you catch me online, you can poke me in-game! My character name is Aurdeth. There is of course the off-chance you see me in-game on an alt. I almost always sign my TRPs in the OOC section with "Eclipse" "Is a demon hunter." and "The stars align; Elune be with you." ^^
  3. Profile messaging! You can reach me by sending a private message to my Epsilon forum profile, and I will get back to you as soon as possible! It is not recommended, however.
  4. Replying to this forum post! If all else fails, you can try and get my attention here. I'll be checking this forum post fairly regularly for maybe up to a week, but then let it soak in the attention. I will try and get back to you if you ask something here, however this should be a last resort. Think of it like trying to get your favorite YouTuber to reply to your comment on one of their hundreds of videos. Not reliable enough, sorry.

The stars align; Elune be with you.

Edited by Eclipse
Needed to add a bit and correct one of the many spoilers. x.x

The stars align; Elune be with you.