MrRager

DH Warglaives, regarding sheath

It has come to my attention that a weapon forge is not available to the players of Epsilon. This alone restricts a lot of things for players like me, who care about appearance as much as we do about our TRP profiles. Inherently the DH warglaives look like rubbish when sheathed, sitting so far up on the back. Placing them as one-handed sheathes looks about as terrible as it is dangerous, and having them appear from a sort of magic... Well, I'd much prefer not to resort to have to do this. 

During my time on RPH and using their weapon forge, I found that the best look for the warglaives is in the staff sheathe, as a one handed weapon. This allows two to be wielded and placed on the back, but also lower down providing a bit of normality. I would suggest that any warglaive sheathes be changed to this, or request the ability to do it ourselves. 

Thanks.

What we have here is a realistic sheating. So that you can actually grab them from your back, without breaking your arms.

All weapons already held in place without a sheat anyway, so not a big deal there.

Admittedly it looks a bit strange

33 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

What we have here is a realistic sheating. So that you can actually grab them from your back, without breaking your arms.

All weapons already held in place without a sheat anyway, so not a big deal there.

Admittedly it looks a bit strange

Realistically, we wouldnt sheathe blades as they are shown. It limits mobility, puts a hell of a lot weight on the upper portion of the body, and just makes for a target of Illidari with their glaives sheathed. Having it on the lower back would still be realistic, as one can still reach behind their back from the bottom rather than the top, and remove both that way. Blizzard made the Glaives where they were because they were lazy and didnt want to add another animation for DH's only. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

There's a weapon forge coming!!

for 6 months 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

1 hour ago, Rogan said:

for 6 months 

giphy.gif

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

We will not be changing the sheath of retail items, and while we do intend to create a weapon forge at some point, it is a low priority in the face of other, more pressing features and fixes.

sSHRE9G.png

1 hour ago, Azarchius said:

a weapon forge at some point

200.gif

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

10 hours ago, Rogan said:

200.gif

Look, it's better than soon, yeah?

sSHRE9G.png

@MrRager

you mean like this?

-Edit: In this regard as with most weapons I'd be quoting the simple thing that Paragon did. Not to spread server propaganda or the like, much prefer Epsilon over Para due to a multitude of reasons, but..
Basically one could in theory create copies of the custom items for the various weapons that fit in the various sheathe positions. 1h-hip, 2h-back, spear/staff, shield, unarmed/fist (aka invisible while sheathed), with just adding an additional number to the GUID of the item. Like say you have a weapon right now with the GUID "234654" that would be a polearm, have "2346541" for hip, "2346542" for 2h, etc.

Still, it's not that huge of a deal. My opinion at least. - Similar thing with some armors, similar to the shirt-chest-tabard thing, making pant-belt cross-over slot variants, or pant-boot for all the various outfit possibilities.

Still, without a Mogit this would get rapidly overpopulating for the current option which is to look up by name and guess the variations in the names of various sets. Instead of spending one hour with ".lo i plate_<source>_<letter>" etc you'd end up spending two or more browsing through 50 entries at a time in a list that'd end up having for example 1500 items instead of only 300.

Some notes of luxury become more of a hassle if they're not paired with other elements of convenience.

Edited by Kayn96