V e r i

Shadow of the Night

darkelf.jpg

It was one night, the sound of leaves being stepped on startled a young night elf druid. The druid saw something in the dark. As she went to get a better look, whatever figure that was there ran off. The druid chased said figure. The druid finally got a better glance for mere moments by the smallest piece of moonlight, before being veiled by the trees once again. She had the glance long enough to assume it was an orc. She was shocked by the truth the moonlight had revealed, continuing to chase the orc, until suddenly it was nowhere to be seen. She looked around, realizing that she had gotten herself lost. She wandered throughout the forest for hours, until finding an orcish campfire. It was still lit. Orcs have been here recently. She had ran behind a nearby tree, waiting to see if an orc would show up. In fact, one had come. She was about to pounce on the orc, but she had quite quickly realized that said orc... was unarmed. Fighting this orc would mean nothing but blood on her hands. She had walked out of the cover of the tree, waiting to see the orc's reaction. The orc had looked up quite quickly, but as he saw the night elf, he wasn't as alarmed as he was before. "Lost, huh?" The orc had said to the elf. The elf had realized, this was the one that she had chased. "Yes, unfortunately." The orc muttered for a moment, before replying. "I got lost about a few hours ago aswell. If you want to come along, you can." The elf hadn't expected any kindness from an orc. She replied, her voice filled with doubt and uncertainly. "Sure." The next thing she knew, she woke up next to the campfire, it was morning. "You passed out." The orc said, assuring her that everything was fine. The elf sat up, looking towards the orc.

"Why exactly have you come on this path, orc?" The elf said softly, no intent of anger in her voice, only subtle happiness.

"I was trying to head to a friend's house out in the woods, I must have mistaken this forest for another." The orc said calmly.

The orc set his hand on hers, "I did not expect you to be so kind." The orc attempted to change the subject dramatically.

The night elf replied with disbelief. "Me neither."