Sign in to follow this  
Dreadmonsters

Phase Objects Tired of selecting and using ph sel ph del

Guys i have a proposal why dont we vote that phase gets .ph del everything for objects and NPCs dont you get tired using all the time ph sel and than ph del seriously guys!?!

While I agree that it can be tedious to delete parts of a phase (or potentially all of it), I wouldn't feel very comfortable knowing that I could delete everything in my phase with one command.

I think things are fine the way they are. You can create a macro to .gob sel -> .gob del to handle larger amounts of objects. Or if you wanted to mass delete one or several particular objects, you can add syntax to the macro (e.g., .gob select house -> .gob delete).

Epsilon_Ohana.png

indeed if you have a set of two macros
.gob sel
.gob del
(I say two macros because in instances of delay a single macro with both commands might not function properly, as was my case)

then deleting every single object in an area is as simple as key-mashing those two buttons like crazy for like... a minute?

just 121212121212121212, you don't even need to remove any shortcuts from your skill bar, but simply use the second shortcut bar (press shift-2 to see it) and keep your building macros there.

Least that's what I do.

It's only a hassle because some people are lazy, admittedly myself included, but it's either way safer than deleting everything and two minutes later realizing you had something important in some other part of the phase. Especially since you only get one phase per character. (god forbid, please don't let people do more than one, there's thousands of them already >.>)

I said only if you want to VOTE for .ph del everything we will have of course .ph sel and ph del always i am just suggesting the easy way the way with macros i dont like IT. Lets be real friends and VOTE for .ph del everything  command do delete NPCSs and objects from phase

12 hours ago, Kayn96 said:

indeed if you have a set of two macros
.gob sel
.gob del
(I say two macros because in instances of delay a single macro with both commands might not function properly, as was my case)

then deleting every single object in an area is as simple as key-mashing those two buttons like crazy for like... a minute?

just 121212121212121212, you don't even need to remove any shortcuts from your skill bar, but simply use the second shortcut bar (press shift-2 to see it) and keep your building macros there.

Least that's what I do.

It's only a hassle because some people are lazy, admittedly myself included, but it's either way safer than deleting everything and two minutes later realizing you had something important in some other part of the phase. Especially since you only get one phase per character. (god forbid, please don't let people do more than one, there's thousands of them already >.>)

One of you think that MACROS are cool i get it ok but sometimes is freaking boring using it just admit it still i like your post  Kayan96

Edited by Dreadmonsters

On 2/28/2018 at 9:54 AM, Dreadmonsters said:

I said only if you want to VOTE for .ph del everything we will have of course .ph sel and ph del always i am just suggesting the easy way the way with macros i dont like IT. Lets be real friends and VOTE for .ph del everything  command do delete NPCSs and objects from phase

One of you think that MACROS are cool i get it ok but sometimes is freaking boring using it just admit it still i like your post  Kayan96

I mean sure, new commands are nothing bad, I don't know how easy they would be to implement but this is another line in a broad pool of utilities that players have been asking for.
Placing weapons in different sheathe spots than the ones created so far, armor pieces fitting into all sorts of different slots, commands to turn any display ID into a virtual mount, etcetera. Those being just off the top of my head.

Not against it but neither vehemently for one in particular either. It'd probably take a dev's time to answer what is possible and what is not, but checking their feasibility and testing whether they could work without, well, trouble? It'd not only take from the time they spend fixing issues already at hand, but could also prove to cause all sorts of issues lag, unintended deletions, and so forth.

Not to discourage anyone, but I always say that the best thing to do is allow the devs the time to fix what is broken before they work on novelty and convenience.

On 2/28/2018 at 1:54 AM, Dreadmonsters said:

you my friend need to calm down. Forums are for discussion, so you will obviously get responses which hold someone else's opinion on the matter.

I for one completely disagree, because all it would take is one moment of doubting what you're doing and you can irreversibly delete hours, days, or weeks of work. it's a fix for laziness, which isn't what we should be worrying about, in my opinion.

find me on discord @Lehvie#1473

or just find me on a certain other server.
have fun boys

On Div-X we had .ph del, then it would ask you "Are you sure you want to delete everything in your phase?" and then you could type .phase delete YES to confirm.

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

On Div-X we had .ph del, then it would ask you "Are you sure you want to delete everything in your phase?" and then you could type .phase delete YES to confirm.

That's all well and good, but we know how moody some people can be. If this is done, i'd suggest having an option to restore the deleted phase within 24 hours.

have fun boys

1 minute ago, Scharlaken Rosette said:

That's all well and good, but we know how moody some people can be. If this is done, i'd suggest having an option to restore the deleted phase within 24 hours.

I suggest u ban those people permanently and don`t allow them back?

Just now, Adam said:

I'm sure you're misunderstanding me. I'm sure this would be restricted to phase owner only (if it's implemented at all). some phase owners might use .ph del and change their mind later, hence having the ability to restore the objects and NPCs within 24 hours

have fun boys

22 hours ago, Scharlaken Rosette said:

you my friend need to calm down. Forums are for discussion, so you will obviously get responses which hold someone else's opinion on the matter.

I for one completely disagree, because all it would take is one moment of doubting what you're doing and you can irreversibly delete hours, days, or weeks of work. it's a fix for laziness, which isn't what we should be worrying about, in my opinion.

I am calmed down mate i just suggested my opinion thats ALL

2 hours ago, Adam said:

And you my mate need to calm down why to ban people because i suggested for some new commands i am not angry at all just a friendly guy who wants some good new commands. Banning people will do nothing trust me i know that.