Sign in to follow this  
DavidTwo

Command to play music/sounds to /yourself/

Actually a bit shocked I have to suggest this one, as this was one of the commands in the original Enteleaie core. Back in the day there was a command (.playsoundtoself, or .plays for short) that allowed you to play sound IDs to yourself. This suggestion is in hopes that we can get said command back. It'd be beneficial to RPers who wish to play sounds but only to themself.

How is it beneficial to people who want to play sounds only to themselves?

I'd like a paragraph using the CEIEIO format.

C- Claim

E- Evidence

I- Inform (supports the E)

E- Second Evidence

I- Second Inform (supports second E)

O- Restate claim and conclusion.

The stars align; Elune be with you.

The stars align; Elune be with you.

It's beneficial to people who want to hear certain music that pertains only to themselves; perhaps an IC theme using the music IDs given to us but only for said person to hear. Or; for fun. Some people don't want to play music IDs and stream it to the entire phase ffs.

wow has api that lets you do this. All you gotta know is the path to the sound file.

/script PlayMusic("Sound\\Music\\Draenor\\mus_60_asiegeofworlds_maintitle.mp3");

etc.

I'm, again, aware of other methods. But some random Joe Schmoe isn't going to know the filepath to play it from, Pa. With .playsoundtoself, you literally just need to type in a sound ID and it'll play. No complications necessary.

The command already existed in the core before, and I mean I'm sure it can just be as easy as copying over .ph plays and changing it around a bit to be an individual command to play sounds to just /yourself/.

What core? This current one, or the old Divinity core?

'can be just as easy' is a cop out.

nice Suggestion Tho. But making an Addon to do this would be easy

I'm talking about the Divinity core.

An addon would be interesting, but why bother WHEN there's already IDs in the game that can be played?

No need to make things complicated with an addon player of sorts.

Edited by DavidTwo