Sign in to follow this  
Kalavinka2

Characters Unknown

This is my second account (for multiboxing purposes). I created a character named Anathema a while back. Today I logged onto her to appear to someone I know and roleplay with them. (My first time actually using the character)

The first time I tried apping, I got stuck in an indefinite loading screen (this report isn't about that), Alt+F4d, logged in again, joined their phase, appd successfully.

But their name showed up as "Unknown" for me. I also noticed that when typing things like /bow, my emotes would not show up for me. However, ordinary /say and /me worked perfectly fine.

I found out that they could see my emotes and receive whispers from me, but I could not see theirs. I also noticed when other players joined in, they showed up as Unknown as well. And when I multiboxed, everyone except Anathema showed up fine - Anathema showed up as "Unknown" and I couldn't see any of her emotes, but other people (including me on Anathema) apparently could, bizarrely.

This reoccurred no matter how many times I logged back in.

Is there any way I can fix this issue/prevent it from repeating?

/reload Should be able to fix it, iirc. Also, you have to join their phase before apping to them.

Well, I'm unable to test now: the issue seems to have resolved itself, most likely due to a server restart. But I'll try out your idea next time I have it, thank you!

Either way, I can consider this solved.

Sign in to follow this