Sign in to follow this  
King of the Mushan

The Journal of Marcus Jurath

Entry 21, (30 Days before Outbreak)

Kalholme's been more of a hellhole than usual lately. It seems like four times a day there's someone new causing trouble, and I'm getting tired of it. I don't know how Elizabeth would ever have wanted to go into this occupation after seeing it slowly tear her father down as it has... I believe this is going to be my last month with the Guard. I've spoken with Lord Mallis about finding a replacement Captain, and he has predictably been very hesitant to let me go. After all, I've been the heart and soul of Kalholme's guard for 25 years. But I can't keep doing this.

Melissa has been supportive of me, as she always has. Without her, I'd be lost. She has been my stalwart companion and strongest supporter for 12 years, and I've never been more thankful for her patience and love. 

Arthur and Leon have been their normal selves, always causing trouble. With their dad and their sister being members of the Guard, I suppose it's only natural for them to want to rebel, but I'm honestly becoming tired of it. If they're ever going to grow up and become upstanding members of this family and this city, they're going to have to get it together, and soon. I can only deal with this for so long.