Sign in to follow this  
King of the Mushan

Law's End [8642] [ALPHA]

Law's End

WoWScrnShot_031718_003013.jpg

"Welcome to town, son. People keep to theyselves 'round here, and when they ain't huntin' they're drinkin', but feel free to talk around. Just remember: You piss someone off, you likely be leavin' Law's End with bullets in ya." - Jake Thurgood, Sheriff

Law's End has entered it's SUPER ALPHA FEEDBACK STAGE, and if you couldn't tell by the name, I am hoping for feedback on the state of the phase.

The Phase ID is 8642. Jump in and take a look on your own time!

Here's a quick synopsis of the story of the Phase:

Four years ago, Sir Cornelius Wabbajack, Esquire, lead an expedition into the heart of unexplored territory in Northrend's Grizzly Hills. There, he found a veritable ecosystem of untapped potential, so he held a great hunt that lasted three months. A member of this hunt was the Dwarven explorer Drolgor Direfist, an old friend of Cornelius', who brought his son, Lavi, to hunt alongside him. During the hunt, Cornelius expressed his desires to build a base camp on the crest of an icy overlook, and Drolgor built most of the camp with his bare hands. He ended up taking care of the camp and most of its day to day activities.

However, when the hunt ended, and most of the hunters and trappers were packing up, there was a group that saw the potential in the land, and took advantage of its placement outside of any larger jurisdiction, founding hunting and trapping companies in "The Hidden Forest", as Cornelius had taken to calling it. They built houses around the camp and eventually turned it into a frontier town with no trade regulations on things like Beaver and other generally protected species, attracting traders from all over. Drolgor stayed and ended up becoming mayor of this town, named by the populous "Law's End", as no real laws had ever been established. Instead, the townspeople of Law's End lived by a code of honor, which was enforced if not by each other, than by five or six Marshals designated by the public and lead by a single Sheriff. Law's End became a thriving frontier town and hub for trade on the edge of mapped territory.

Since the town's founding four years ago, Law's End has not grown much, and still remains in its own jurisdiction, allowing the free trade of many goods generally considered illegal, and attracting more and more traders and businessmen daily. Recently, the great hunt and Law's End were referenced in Cornelius' newly published sixth memoir, "A Desert of Trials", and the town has suddenly been discovered by the general community. Those seeking a haven of free trade, those looking to hunt in a new and unmapped land, or those just wanting to explore this peculiar frontier town would likely find their way to Law's End in the Grizzly Hills.

Investigated the phase and it looks really good man. I have to say I am impressed. It's cozy atmosphere of snow and sturdy woodwork reminds me of a movie called White Fang. Really cool dude! Hope you find a name for that tavern as well.

Whitefangposter.jpg

Hi valorous,

Is this still a work in progress? I remember visiting the phase and I think you've done a fantastic job building it. I haven't seen you online lately but I would love to drop by sometime and role-play!

Edited by Witch

Epsilon_Ohana.png