Sign in to follow this  
DavidTwo

GETTING RID OF THE WARDEN OR MODIFYING IT

I'm rather indifferent, since I've never had an issue with it.

I get people mess up and forget about it, but you'd think it would be easy enough to remember to not spawn objects in the same place. That could just be a personal experience with me though.

Still, I understand where you're coming from. All I see are people who don't need to be banned, being banned.

If I was affected by it, I would probably agree as well.

The stars align; Elune be with you.

I mean, I don't think we need to truly get rid of it. That's just me being irate at seeing so many people getitng banned from the Warden at once.

At the most, I would like to see it improved upon so not many people are banned for accidentally spawning too many at once in the same place.

Fair enough. That at least makes the most sense.

i agree it shouldnt be there, at least not so harschly strict as it is. i havent ran into nay problems but considering a large portion of the players on epsilon likes to build its sad to see them punished for creating content (even if they wont host lolllllllllllllllll)

Edited by Romeo

sOrRy Warden mWorking PErFEctly fine,

certain members of the staff team say as yet another person gets banned

"JuST reMembER to Move :KJiSS:"

Remove it. It has no practical use, it's horribly inefficient, and it does its job worse than a trigger-happy US police officer.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I'm just going to keep an eye on this thread until Tia comes in to sing this stupid system's praises, so I can tear his posts up word by word.

tumblr_nxf3e1D4pQ1ueg0djo2_250.gif

youre basically telling us its never getting fixed

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

Wasnt it implemented because some guy literally built an Auschwitz concentration camp roleplay?

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Wasnt it implemented because some guy literally built an Auschwitz concentration camp roleplay?

This doesn't have anything to do with this server, nor does it prevent building a concentration camp? The warden seems to ban players who frequently spawn in the same place, unless you're totally disabled, I think you can build perfectly fine without getting banned. So... no.

6 hours ago, Romeo said:

This doesn't have anything to do with this server, nor does it prevent building a concentration camp? The warden seems to ban players who frequently spawn in the same place, unless you're totally disabled, I think you can build perfectly fine without getting banned. So... no.

wowee here's tia-proxy number one

"WOW just keep _MO_VING guys"

No. You can't just keep moving. It's not a fucking instinct to move some units every time you build. You stand perfectly still and rifle through objects like a model catalogue. Why the fucking hell would you be forced to comply to a broken-to-shit bot just because an obnoxious staff member loves almost as much as his mirror image? It's fucking retarded. It serves no purpose. It hasn't banned anyone who intended to spawn something that could be viewed as ~~~"offensive"~~~ nor has any crasher been found by it, I fucking bet you.

Everyone recently banned by this pile of shit trashcan bot has been banned while trying to find a specific object.

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

relax erkor, you dont have to curse inbetween each word lol

The bot is broken right now, sure.  But it'll be fixed in 7.3 as Xeslite said - bam, official GM statement.  Not sure what else can be said 

fdfgsdfgs.png

On 3/25/2018 at 0:42 PM, Xeslite said:

the warden is fixed in 7.3.

so you shouldn't be asking for it to be fixed.

you should be asking 7.3 when?

On 3/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, Erkor said:

youre basically telling us its never getting fixed

Erkor is right, Mortal. You are pretty much telling us it's never going to be fixed.

On 3/25/2018 at 0:42 PM, Xeslite said:

the warden is fixed in 7.3.

so you shouldn't be asking for it to be fixed.

you should be asking 7.3 when?

7.3 when??????????????????????????

7.3 whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn????????????????

Still have no issue with it because I build responsibly.

;)

On 3/25/2018 at 8:23 AM, Lord Kalrihk Blackrune said:

Mindscape slowly raises out from his bush

UsE mY nEw AdDoN iT wIlL StOp YoU fRoM gEtTiNg BaNnEd

On 3/26/2018 at 10:45 AM, Erkor said:

wowee here's tia-proxy number one

"WOW just keep _MO_VING guys"

No. You can't just keep moving. It's not a fucking instinct to move some units every time you build. You stand perfectly still and rifle through objects like a model catalogue. Why the fucking hell would you be forced to comply to a broken-to-shit bot just because an obnoxious staff member loves almost as much as his mirror image? It's fucking retarded. It serves no purpose. It hasn't banned anyone who intended to spawn something that could be viewed as ~~~"offensive"~~~ nor has any crasher been found by it, I fucking bet you.

Everyone recently banned by this pile of shit trashcan bot has been banned while trying to find a specific object.

Just use the addon m8. 

Warden is there to protect against abuses in the system that can lag the server or cause crashes, etc. I'm sure there's less invasive ways that it could've been implemented, like a simple kick or even a timer on spawning or such, but as Xeslite said, Warden is fixed* for 7.3. Also - Yes, the system actually did safeguard the server in the beginning when certain people were trying to attack Epsilon. There were many crashes and lag times when the server was first starting out, before Warden was integrated and amped up on Ban-Spree-Coffee, that was caused by people doing specific things, which Warden attempts to detect and kill. It so happens that spawning 10 objects without moving triggers her (but not after she gets a lobotomy in 7.3). (It doesn't detect and try and ban for offensive shit either, only stuff that can harm the server itself.. It's not some god-like AI that maps your builds and thinks "Oh that's a swastika ban.."......)

But seriously, if you want to sit here and shit-throw on the forums, "IT's NOT myu NATURE to MOVVVVVEEEEEEE", take that time you were wasting on the forums, download addon, avoid getting banned by a simple text warning. Don't like it? Tough fucking luck then, kid. (And if you can't find the addon, you're clearly to lazy to read pinned messages in discord when it says to read pinned messages - again, not any of our problems, just yours).

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

55 minutes ago, aurot said:

>not using WMV to build

savages.

what does that even have to do with the topic

You can use wmv to find objects you need without spawning a ton of something you don't want.

10 hours ago, Aurarius said:

You can use wmv to find objects you need without spawning a ton of something you don't want.

Didn't think I'd need to spell that one out.

Edited by aurot

have you considered not building and just roleplaying instead

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

Sign in to follow this