Sign in to follow this  
DavidTwo

GETTING RID OF THE WARDEN OR MODIFYING IT

I brainstormed a few solutions, assuming that we are indeed worried about players coming over to spam the server:

1. Apply a temporary timer on gameobject spawning to new accounts. Two hours of playtime are required before this timer is removed automatically.
  2. Mass spawning gameobjects incurs a cooldown on your character/account. If you spawn 25 or more gameobjects in less than one or two seconds (i.e., you are using a macro or script), you cannot spawn any more for a minute.
  3. Keep the Warden system as it is and allow players who are banned by it to log in to their account panels and remove the ban.
  4. Increase the Warden's trigger count (you have to spawn more gameobjects before it bans you) and allow players who are banned to unban themselves from the account panel.

This is keeping in mind that Xeslite has already said the issue is addressed in 7.3. I'm looking forward to seeing the new and improved Warden!

On 3/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, Erkor said:

wowee here's tia-proxy number one

Everyone recently banned by this pile of shit trashcan bot has been banned while trying to find a specific object.

Most of us realize that there are flaws with the Warden system currently. Even so, you do not need to insult the administration to get your point across. They realize they are not perfect and they are more willing to listen to constructive feedback than when you behave destructively.

Edited by Witch

Epsilon_Ohana.png

Allowing a player to unban themselves from Warden really makes Warden seem pointless - should just change it to a kick then if that's the case.

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif

32 minutes ago, MindScape said:

Allowing a player to unban themselves from Warden really makes Warden seem pointless - should just change it to a kick then if that's the case.

Indeed, there are far more efficient solutions than automatically banning players for spawning too many objects too quickly.

Epsilon_Ohana.png

Sign in to follow this