Rogan

War of the Satyr

War of the Satyr quick feedback  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Is this interesting in terms of concept?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/70 at 12:00 AM

war_of_the_satyr.png

700 years after the Great Sundering, the end of one of the most powerful empires and dynasties Kalimdor had ever seen, and yet the scars of war fester untended - where once mighty native tribes ruled and lived in peace, wicked tribes of the fel-touched Satyr have sprouted across all of Ashenvale, with the intent to bring their dark god to this world as had attempted the traitor queen near millennia prior. These scattered cults and factions lead (supposedly) by a secretive order known as the Sargerite Oath have been plaguing far reaches of Ashenvale, and even now the sentinels report that large warbands of Satyr accompanied by demons and corrupted versions of the natives of the great forest have breached the wards that once surrounded Hyjal, with unique tribes of these savage demon worshipers seen all the way to Winterspring. While Shan’do Stormrage fights the great enemy in the Dream, we, the arrow, the claw, the talon, must fight them in our woods where we once considered sacred, we must win, or we may see the second coming of the end. The Long Vigil has begun.

Synopsis

This RP is a set-in-the-past reenactment of a relatively obscure event in Warcraft history - the War of the Satyr - however despite the name I don’t intend to make it entirely focused on combat, and there’ll be events tied to the post-Highborne exile, and other topics relevant to this period of Night Elf history. My goal is to ultimately create an interesting and almost mythological experience for those looking to see the Kaldorei perhaps at their darkest hour in the further past. Where the War of the Ancients was a conflict to birth one of the most noble civilizations seen in modern Azeroth - the War of the Satyr brought out the worst in them, as conflict in the Sisterhood, the Sentinels and the various orders of Druids nearly tore the faction the rebellion created with blood and tears apart.

This will most likely be event based, with little building/work done on the outside of that as I am uncertain as how I’d be able to create a casual experience with the setting presented.

Characters & Classes

Accepted Races: YeV1PYk.gifC8BX8Vr.gifMfZdj1y.gif*1leLTxGz.gif*2W8ACP9K.gif*3

Accepted ClassesHJIiI3X.png2ilVNfc.png0Dbmtd8.pnglzPn4CA.png4p2c6ka.png

*1; Children of the Forest - This includes Furbolgs, Dark Trolls, and other - though it's recommended you ask me directly before joining.

*2; Ancient Protectors - Due to the incredible legacy of the ancients, and their immense worth to Kaldorei society, I am limiting Ancients to just the protectors, and exactly ONE per ten people in the guild.

*3; Druids of the Pack/Scythe As we know, the worgen come to be during the War of the Satyr, and this'll be represented much later down the line.

Regarding classes; while I am using character class icons, things like Sentinels, Watchers, and other variants of druids are also playable.

How to join

To join, simply join the phase during a pre-event hosting session, and approach one of the recruiters with the guild tag <The Long Vigil>, and ping Tunorwin in whisper, or .phase announce! Hope to see you there!

My discord; Blackhand#4652

thanks to @Romeo for the heckin' EPIC guild logo

Edited by Rogan

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

Sounds like a nice and promising concept, tho I am not sure whether there is enough of people to make this interesting.

Might give this a look at some point.

Also not meaning to be an ass, but if this is meant to recreate that War of the Satyr, you might want to delete the 1 in the number of years :) It was 9300 b.d.p. 

THIS IS AWESOME. Nicely written, Roganesque style, and one of my favorite things in the lore. I've had Light's Harbour guild for a long time out of respect but this seems so god damned good lol, gonna pledge Glaeweth! Just gonna figure out what she was doing during this time, great job Rogan <3

Papa bless Romeo, event soon(TM)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png