Romeo

Glaeweth Doomsong

amazing; the way you describe people never ceases to paint a potent, vivid image in my mind

i love this elf so much

still feels like yesterday when i fell in love with this cute girl

well done

you forgot to mention her marriage to spruce

i9eaVqF.png

Bump.

*  Included a priestess part.

*  Included in-game model.

Normally I would complain about how overloaded the character is, but you are something else. It all fits nice together and it's interesting. 

I very much like it. Looking forward to meeting you, again.

didn't know my momm sounded like a forest hag xDDDD GOT EEEM

zxZaKpL.png                

S3SCCwW.png            

b6BCJ5k.png

On 2017-10-03 at 5:45 PM, Vojtik said:

Normally I would complain about how overloaded the character is, but you are something else. It all fits nice together and it's interesting. 

I very much like it. Looking forward to meeting you, again.

Thanks man!

On 2017-10-03 at 7:13 PM, Avalia said:

SHE KEEPS GETTING BETTER AAAA

<3

20 hours ago, Norshar said:

didn't know my momm sounded like a forest hag xDDDD GOT EEEM

XDXDXDXD

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

Dodgy concept due to the special snowflake/mary sue/custom lore parts, could be made decent with some alterations.

:(

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Dodgy concept due to the special snowflake/mary sue/custom lore parts, could be made decent with some alterations.

custom lore? OK she is a bit special, but in a good way and none of that is custom lore.

Which parts do you think are custom lore? so I may clarify your knowledge a bit (or my reading).

Edited by Vojtik

Ah so you use term "custom lore" in this meaning. ok then. (Usually custom lore is something that in some way defy canon, not add stuff to it - when I create a character for purpose of my story, it's not custom lore; in that way all our characters would be considered custom lore). And she is good with enchanting and alchemy, god forbid right? Well she has to be good at something and now she had thousands of years to train, of course she is powerful. And that she is treated nicely by some nobles, well not everyone in the world is an asshole.

Personally I like that they use some form of voodoo (voodoo in itself mixes arcane and nature magic), because I always found it strange that as soon as dark trolls became night elves, they culture just changed and there was nothing left from the old troll traditions. I honestly don't care about whether she was leader of some small outpost at some point, it's not that big of a deal. Yes nature magic would be likely viewed as "primitive", but even so you should keep someone who knows something about it around, just in case. And although there are many references to power, there is almost none scale to it neither any specific deeds they managed to do.

On 7/22/2017 at 3:57 PM, Romeo said:

Arcane magic soon mixed with the cauldron-magi that they had mastered for thousands of years now; and the world beheld the two witches rise to monstrous powers. They hunted recklessly anything they saw wrong. In many ways, the witches were as much hunters now as they were witches.

See, we know absolutely nothing about this "monstrous power" and what it can do, for all we know they may have been running around the forest hallucinating and killing rats.

But that part about her becoming a priestess is a bit strange and could use expansion or rework. I'll give you that. 

If it was something that gave strength and speed to the kaldorei forces, it was undoubtedly the witches.

And quotes like these are probably too much exaggerated. But who knows, maybe the entire text is written from the point of view of those sisters and let's face it, people tent to make themselves seem better if they can.

Now little about the concept of OP. Ever heard that "With great power comes a great responsibility" thing? Well it applies to RP as well. As long as the power is handled correctly, there should be no problem to how powerful character is. Guy who walks around casually spamming pyroblasts is OP, but a guy with the same power who will use it only in time of the greatest need is not really OP. I know what I am talking about since I have a character who is ridiculously powerful, close to lore-important-character powerful. And I RP him since Wrath and never once was I complained to about being OP (well once, but that was a person who raged on me about using such OP spell as frost nova).

I played with lady Doomsong for a short time and it seemed to me that she is handling her power quite well. 

38 minutes ago, Beast said:

Prince Ceryeth is custom lore. @Vojtik. When it comes to a majority of the concept, it seems very Mary Sue/Special Snowflake with references to how skilled & powerful they are. They excel at everything they do, being chosen out of all by the nobles and prince, how they utilized some poorly adapted form of voodoo which since only trolls can use voodoo I assume it's just nature magic. How they use arcane and then also became a skilled priestess of the temple. How they were chosen by an unnamed council of Ashenvale to lead a clan as well as being put in charge of a village as if positions of command and rule are commonly given, least of all to what appears to be a primitive "witch" of darker origins than any exemplary figure.

Also how their use of what I assume to be nature magic, somehow even though other kaldorei use this, her use of it paved entry to the upper echelons of highborne society despite nature magic adapted from voodoo/pagan traditions would be viewed as primitive and inferior to the highbornes "superior" arcane magic.

Even their origin was them serving the most powerful highborne houses, lots of references to greatness, power and even moments of struggle where they turn the situation around by unleashing some unstoppable power they've acquired through the years in fairly effortless ways as simply opportunities to show more of the Mary Sue type.

If there was less OP/Mary Sue/special snowflake stuff going on, it could be a good concept with some details worked out and altered, but atm, it's poorly executed in comparison to what it could be so it has potential. Just my opinion.

I second this, that's for sure - Glaeweth is an okay concept with some awesome ideas but really needs a complete overhaul in regards to her role within kaldorei society, her inclinations towards less savory magic and sickly appearance would be very unlikely to win her any favors with her sisters (especially with the whole mushrooms growing out of her skin spiel - though, since that wasn't mentioned in the post, he might've voided it? Don't get me started on the mana-claw, love both concepts, the kaldorei wouldn't, though)
She'd work wonders as a reclusive creature that "weaves cauldrons" in some forgotten burrow on the edge of Ashenvale, travelling from place to place yet hated by her own kind, resenting them for it or instead seeking their approval where-ever she went. It'd add some layers to her besides "I'm powerful, I use ancient troll magic"

she'd most likely not be allowed to become a priestess of elune, and especially not a part of ashenvale's council - I can't imagine neither Tyrande nor Malfurion would be very happy to have someone like this representing their race in any way shape or form

Edited by FilthySlovak

She looked great during the time of Kaldorei empire - the second picture I assume. Just look at her and say that she doesn't look good.

eQcAhg3.png

She get those skin issues, mushrooms and deformed hand much later.

Thanks for all the in-put friends, I hastily wrote about the priestess part, and it probably made the thing lesser. So I'll definitively check into your suggestions and imrpove the thing, perhaps just entirely wipe her past and just make her a priestess of elune wearing a witchhat, lol. But we'll see, thanks again!

Glaeweth is an excellent example of a character that has evolved from the primordial muck of imagination. Beautiful concept from start to finish, while I've seen Romeo play her in public phases, I've also seen her be a stellar example of both an RP character and something to be inspired by, Romeo might have some controversial ideas when it comes to his beloved Kaldorei, but they're well written and well executed, everyone has a magnum opus of a character, and Romeo has found his.

I hope you keep at it, Romeo! You do great.