Bamalam

Item Forge

So, earlier today, I was trying to make a set. I had a really cool idea in mind - a monk set, maybe, - and I wanted to use this item:

MM1j57G.png

But, when I went to look up the tabard, I could only find one version - a recolor.

47z9Ndj.pngkYbJ1XT.png

Then, later on, I wanted to make a set, using the tabard version of this:

YIXYuAW.png

But, unfortunately, this item didn't have any tabard versions - not even recolors. For awhile now, I've been a strong supporter of making an item forge - I generally believed it was a good idea to have items with normal-er names, instead of those you'd find in the database. However, with the lack of certain items being in existence, I think the ability for players to make these items, instead of it being solely in the developers' control, would help fill in the holes that developers may have yet to fix, and perhaps make looking for custom items easier, as well.

If a big fear is that people may abuse this feature, perhaps by making troll items, then maybe you could introduce an ability on your end to delete certain items - this might help clear up that worry, at least a tad-- or, better yet, maybe let people report an item on the forums or ingame, and if enough people report the item, it could be deleted.

Edited by Bamalam

I've also been snooping around the suggestions, and it appears people have also made several complaints that could easily be repaired with an item forge. Like, for example, the incorrect sheaths for weapons like warglaives.

4JIsaxM.png

An item forge would be useful, in that people could have the ability to recreate these items, but with their proper sheaths - instead of, once again, relying upon the developers to do this for us.

15 hours ago, Romeo said:

It's coming in 7.3, unfortunately.

15 hours ago, Romeo said:

Don't think this was confirmed (if it is then great). 

I hope that we get an item forge soon enough, I'd love to see the feature introduced - to add spell effects to items as well.

fdfgsdfgs.png

On 13/07/2018 at 9:55 PM, Romeo said:

fake news.

But it's coming.

sSHRE9G.png

Really? This item forge is coming? That is going to be amazing.

ᚦᛖᚱᛖ᛫ᚨᚱᛖ᛫ᚾᛁᚷᚺᛏᛊ᛫ᚹᚺᛖᚾ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᚹᛁᚾᛞᛊ᛫ᛟᚠ᛫ᚦᛖ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ᛫ᛊᛈᚨᚲᛖ,᛫ᛊᛟ᛫ᛁᚾᚹᛁᛏᛁᛜ᛫ᛁᚾ᛫ᚦᛖᚱᛖ᛫ᛈᚱᛟᛗᛁᛊᛖ᛫ᛟᚠ᛫ᚠᛚᛁᚷᚺᛏ᛫ᚨᚾᛞ᛫ᚠᚱᛖᛖᛞᛟᛗᛖ,᛫ᛗᚨᛞᛖ᛫ᛟᚾᛖᛊ᛫ᛊᛈᛁᚱᛁᛏ᛫ᛊᛟᚨᚱ.

On 2018-10-27 at 2:28 AM, Bergrisst said:

Really? This item forge is coming? That is going to be amazing.

Ya imagine that u can deck out your character with entirely custom items like [Bergrisst's Merciless Gladiator Hat] and have it with sexy stats and a cool description saying like "damn im a draugr yo". gonna be cool af.

I’m personally really excited for a weapon forge.

I can’t wait to walk up to Romeo in character and hand him his [Glaeweth’s Gauntlets of Thot Decimation] and have her repay me with a good ol’ [Dried Toenail Chassis]

The excitement is real.

Edited by Stitches

That's actually legit awesome. We can do trades, IN CHARACTER. I can make THINGS. That I can USE, INGAME. Good fucking idea Stitches. Imma like 203203 of your posts now.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:05 AM, Romeo said:

That's actually legit awesome. We can do trades, IN CHARACTER. I can make THINGS. That I can USE, INGAME. Good fucking idea Stitches. Imma like 203203 of your posts now.

I didn't actually think of having items tied to a phase, so that officers exclusively can distribute, say, passes, or coins. Yeah. When I make the item forge, this is definitely going to be an aspect of it.

sSHRE9G.png