Eclipse

??????? ?? ??? ????

??????? ?? ??? ????

"Since the burning our world, and the vaporization of our corporeal forms, my kind has always despised the presence of the Void. We raged against it with a fury to rival that of the formidable Burning Shadow. But since then... my kind has segregated itself as we may have always been destined to have done. And yet... some of my brothers and sisters fell prey over time to the maddening whispers of that cold abyss. The Ethereum would eventually come into being, followed by the Shadowguard. I thought them mad, traitorous, even... But then I saw their gods, and the vastness they called to. I gazed into its infinite majesty and almost lost myself. I saw this raw, untempered schism and thought to myself.. 'What a fascinating prospect..' "

Long have our brethren shunned the whispers of the Outer Night.

Long have we stood defiant against the shadow.                

But now I ask... What is the harm in capitalizing on such wondrous opportunities?

[??????? ?? ??? ????] is a new up-and-coming void Ethereal guild. It is based around the principles of a self-journey through the void in an attempt to master its abilities without falling victim to its seductions. This is a project I started upon a long time ago, but only now have the opportunity to host such.

Details

1. Goals: The Requiem's primary goal is to advance knowledge on the void and also increase control over it. A more relevant goal is centred around better preparing ourselves in an effort against our current main foes, Absolution.
  2. Story: A sect of Light users, known simply as Absolution, were encountered within the depths of the Burning Throne. They took immediate hostility towards us, and after a quick skirmish, they were able to drive us back. As an act of aggravation, and spite towards a thwarting of our efforts, we have now engaged this sect of Light-herded sheep in a continuous effort to claim what is ours.
  3. Location: The Requiem is located all over. We may be found where the void may be found. However, there are three main locations that you are likely to see the Requiem: An unmarked void rift (Telogrus Rift OOCly), northern Mac'aree, and a few other smaller places around Argus.
  4. Characters: [??????? ?? ??? ????] has been set up as a largely progressive guild. It is more or less designed to develop your character's abilities and tolerance to the void. That being said, this guild best reacts to players towards the beginning of their progression, or at least characters with low aptitude with the void. Please, do not ask to play some void revenant because there's a new model in 7.3.
  5. Affiliation: The last major detail that should be said is the Requiem's standing. We are an organization that may seem occult-y, and that's a perfectly fine assumption, however we are not intended to be void fanatics. We use it to our own ends, and preach self-control. We also have a neutral standing with groups such as the Ethereum and Shadowguard, however we do not make a habit of interacting with them. (Future events involving them are still possible.)

Absolution

• Absolution is a custom-created faction that branches off of the Army of the Light. They are a special vanguard of elite fighters that specialize in taking down void or shadow-based opponents. They are perhaps best described as the Light's version of Lightslayers.

Guild Ranks

• Acolyte
    • The rank of Acolyte is perhaps the easiest to earn within the Requiem. It is granted to any who wish to embark on the path of the Outer Night, or seek it's touch through the Ethereal voidcasters. Acolytes are ones who have not yet gazed upon the heart of the Void, and have simply glanced along the outer edges. They do not see the bigger picture, or the true depth of the Eternal Night, but in time.. they may yet learn.
  • Erudite
    • The Erudites are those who have taken that first step with the Requiem, and have looked inward to find their perception of the Void. They are those who have demonstrated their craving for the power and knowledge the Empty Dark promises. This is often a pivotal moment in any Acolyte's journey where they either turn back, or fall farther into the abyss.
  • Votary
    • Those who tread deeper into the the alluring promises of the Void might find themselves at a turning point. It is here they come to a point where they are offered the chance to take a lunge into the Darkness, to fall with the trust that they will be caught on the other side. This trial is known as the Trial of Will, and those who have the mental strength to come out the other side are then announced the Votary.
  • Archon
    • The Archon are those who have passed the Trail of Will, and yet still must push onward. Those who have now realized they are too far in, may only fall deeper and be consumed, but those who go willingly now face the Trial of Strength. It is at this trial that Acolytes must conquer the temptations of the void by submitting to its clutch, and seizing it before drowning. This moment is one crucial to the success of those devoted to the Requiem, and those with the Strength to endure, will find themselves awoken with a new insight into the Heart of the Void. The Archon are those who have stared into the eyes of the devil and lived to tell the tale.
  • Hierophant
    • The Hierophants are truly the remarkable Acolytes that have made it this far. They are those that have tested their Will and Strength, and now have a much deeper understanding of what the Void truly is. The Acolytes to come this far are to be respected, but their journey is not yet complete. They now face the final of the Three Trials: The Trial of Resolve. This trial tests the Acolyte's ability to take that final push into the Heart of the Void and unlock its infinite wonders. This is the most dangerous trial, and many have lost their sanity to the Endless Night.
  • Viscount
    • The Viscounts are those who can truly call themselves experts in their fields. They have tested their minds in such ways not many can say they would believe. The Viscounts are true Denizens of the Void, and yet they still have another step to go. The final step to Consigliere is arguably one of the hardest, and yet most simple. Take that last bound forward through honourable commitment to the Requiem.
  • Consigliere
    • A common failure of mortals is their shortsightedness. There are often only two kinds of mortals: Those that see the mountain, and not the goal ahead, and those who only see the goal without the mountain. Those that have traveled this journey, have learned that an equal acknowledgement of both is required, paired with a sense of Will, Strength, and Resolve. The Acolytes to achieve the rank of Consigliere have conquered the abyss around them, and within them, and now are of the highest echelon in the Requiem. If you can achieve the rank of Consigliere, then you have earned it.
  • Viceroy
    • Viceroy is not so much a rank, as it is simply a position. There is only one acting Viceroy at a given time to oversee the Requiem of the Void. They are the best of the Consigliere's in their respective faction, chosen by the Ravencrown Council. Viceroys are those who have completed the grand journey to their position, and often times have the deepest knowledge and understanding of the Outer Night.

Contact information: Addi#9976 - Discord

Night#2827 - Discord officer

If you have questions or concerns about this forum post or the guild, you may reach one of the two Discords listed. Please do not try to get my attention here.

Edited by Eclipse
fixed a spelling error and added another text colour*

The stars align; Elune be with you.

okay, fine. I dig.

Does the guild take only Ethereals though, or other void-affiliate races or individuals as well?

20 hours ago, Eclipse said:

[??????? ?? ??? ????] is a new up-and-coming void Ethereal guild.

I assume soley Ethereals.

3 hours ago, Visaerys said:

I assume soley Ethereals.

I don't mind other characters joining, as long as they are void-oriented or want to go that way.

Ethereals would be the easiest, though.

On 7/23/2018 at 3:09 AM, Kayn96 said:

okay, fine. I dig.

Does the guild take only Ethereals though, or other void-affiliate races or individuals as well?

We will take other void-affiliated individuals from other races. Or if your character wants to go down the path of the void, they're for that too.