Ross

7.3.5 Technical Support Megathread

37 posts in this topic

Epsilon,

For the benefit of consolidating all technical support posts and questions into one place, I have created this technical support Megathread. As and when more technical queries are resolved, I will update the original post with solutions that you may try.

Please see the Epsilon Connection guide HERE.

Current Issues With Account Registration

Currently there is an issue preventing our confirmation e-mails being sent to various mail providers. If you are newly registered and have not received an email, please get in touch with the support team on Discord and be sure to take note of the username you registered with for manual activation.

1. 7.3.5 Folder Structure

Your first point of call with any technical issue is to ensure that your folder structure is correct and that you are not missing any required files. Please see below.

Avoid putting your EpsilonWoW directory on your Desktop. Use Program Files or Program Files x86.

3ff399dafec6ddeb5a3c2fc201b1f53c.png

PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR DBFILESCLIENT FOLDER CONTAINS ITEMS.DB2 AND ITEMSPARSE.DB2 (All of these can be obtained from the Discord)

2. ERROR #132 (& #134) (0x) Fatal exception!

• Ensure that drivers are up to date (This includes graphics, motherboard, and windows update. If you are unsure about what hardware you are using, download Speccy to find out [https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download])
  • Ensure that Xbox DVR is disabled (This applies to Windows 10 only: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/92046)
  • Temporarily disable any anti-virus (Avast is known to cause issues)
  • You can attempt to diagnose fatal errors by checking the latest .txt files inside of your "Errors" folder in the Epsilon directory.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:53 AM, Azarchius said:

ERROR #132 and ERROR #134 are both caused by the presence of custom content in folders "DBFilesClient", "world", or "character"  that were not provided by Epsilon. Specifically, content that is from 725.

3. "Connecting..." and then "You've been disconnected."

Go into your WTF folder, open your config.wtf file in a notepad editor of your choice and ensure that it says the following:

SET portal "play.epsilonwow.net"
SET textLocale "enUS"
SET audioLocale "enUS"

4. "Invalid Signature" error for Table CharSelections

Much the same as #2, this is caused by the presence of custom content in folders. Ensure that custom content is removed, and ensure that you have the correct item.db2, itemsparse.db2, and maps.db2 from the #announcements channel in Discord!

5. Random Crashes, client not opening, and black screens on launch

Make sure that your EpsilonWoW folder is in Program Files or Program Files x86. Do not put it on your Desktop - especially the TinyClient.

6. TinyClient is not opening, but is showing in process list

The TinyClient does take some time to open depending on your internet speed and computer. You can verify that the process is collecting the data that it needs by opening task manager, going to processes, and ensuring that "World of Warcraft" is using CPU and Network.

7. TotalRP3 is not working

A lot of people are reporting that different versions are working. So far we've seen a 100% success rate with using version 1.3.2.1, located here

8. "kljdfkljdfkljdfkljdfkljdfkljdf" is spammed in your chatbox

You're using the 8.0.1 version of UnlimitedChatMessage. Downgrade to the 7.3.0 version. It can be downloaded here

9. "CAS system was unable to initialize"

This error is usually caused by insufficient read/write permissions. To resolve this, you first want to make sure that your Epsilon folder is in your Program Files x86 or Program Files folder. Should that not solve the issue, then you can attempt to take ownership of the EpsilonWoW folder to force these permissions. See the full guide here, or the short guide here for instructions on how to do that.

Feel free to post any technical questions or resolutions below!

Edited by Graydon
Added Email Confirmation Issue
mavvo, War-God Matt and Azarchius like this

ERROR #132 and ERROR #134 are both caused by the presence of custom content in folders "DBFilesClient", "world", or "character"  that were not provided by Epsilon. Specifically, content that is from 725.

Ross likes this

1 minute ago, Azarchius said:

Have updated this to the original post. However, we did have somebody in the #support channel earlier who resolved #132 with disabling Xbox DVR. Another person could not resolve #132 due to having an outdated integrated graphics chip in their laptop. It's a bugger of an error to diagnose.

Azarchius likes this

Updated OP with issues #4, #5, #6, #7, and #8.

Edited by Ross

Tried to Download TinyClient today.
I put it in my Programfiles Folder.
Lanched it as admin even and yet i get the CASC Initialize error. I tried the fix yet idk what to do.

Romeo likes this

@Bakago Bloodjaw There are a few different types of CASC Initialization errors. If you see a lot of 404s on your screen (which is most likely the case), this is because the TinyClient is no longer functional. Blizzard shut off their CDN indefinitely, most likely because private servers were leeching off of it for 7.3.5 content. You can find more information here.

On 31/07/2018 at 4:03 PM, Bakago Bloodjaw said:

Tried to Download TinyClient today.
I put it in my Programfiles Folder.
Lanched it as admin even and yet i get the CASC Initialize error. I tried the fix yet idk what to do.

On 31/07/2018 at 6:50 PM, Hillfire said:

Got an Streaming error after joining a Phase :(

You should now be able to resolve this issue by downloading the latest TinyClient designed to fix CASC and streaming errors:

https://mega.nz/#!LcMxFCKa!vQs44wU6-EWnmdUWqvm3zIwQP-XrWzxnJomeflbm-RM

Just now, Kastiel007 said:

I am not see tab allied race, help me please

Come into our Discord and #Support channel. Tag @Azarchius and he will resolve that for you.

1 hour ago, kirstenxmeowx said:

is there epsilon-32.exe instead of a 64bit executable?

Unfortunately not. It was around 7.3.5 that Blizzard dropped all support for 32 bit operating systems.

Ross likes this

CAS system was unable to initialize

This error is usually caused by insufficient read/write permissions. To resolve this, you first want to make sure that your Epsilon folder is in your Program Files x86 or Program Files folder. Should that not solve the issue, then you can attempt to take ownership of the EpsilonWoW folder to force these permissions. See the full guide here, or the short guide here for instructions on how to do that.

I followed the full guide and the short guide to the letter and it still gives me this error.  What I'm at a loss to understand is why it suddenly started giving me that error after only hours previously I had no problems booting the game.  I'm running Win7 64-bit

pls.PNG

Edited by Baelros
Stuff

1 hour ago, Baelros said:

I followed the full guide and the short guide to the letter and it still gives me this error.  What I'm at a loss to understand is why it suddenly started giving me that error after only hours previously I had no problems booting the game.  I'm running Win7 64-bit

pls.PNG

Epsilon's CDN is currently rebuilding. Once it is finished, the game will be available to play.

Hang in there :)

I wish you would have told me this before I deleted my directory LOL
Aw well, I'll just torrent the thing again overnight.  Thanks very much, Graydon :D

For those that are still having troubles opening their client after the CDN issues has been resolved:

I reloaded client and launched from the administrator, but nothing happenes. What is me doing now? (Screen folder there also which in the program files)

NvA4bKxhW9o (1).jpg

b-oA1LZUdwc.jpg

Edited by AngryMorgrat

56 minutes ago, AngryMorgrat said:

I reloaded client and launched from the administrator, but nothing happenes. What is me doing now? (Screen folder there also which in the program files)

NvA4bKxhW9o (1).jpg

b-oA1LZUdwc.jpg

You can either wait for it to try and download fully or you can use our torrent: 

I want to open the game and an error apear and say it cant start and i need to verify if i need OS 32 x82 OR OS 64.I have 32.Can i do something to play it ?

Just now, onibrute said:

I want to open the game and an error apear and say it cant start and i need to verify if i need OS 32 x82 OR OS 64.I have 32.Can i do something to play it ?

Unfortunately not. Blizzard stopped supporting 32 bit clients in 7.3.5. You would have to upgrade your computer to 64 bit.

Just now, Ross said:

Unfortunately not. Blizzard stopped supporting 32 bit clients in 7.3.5. You would have to upgrade your computer to 64 bit.

On other 7.3.5 servers works.Im unlucky today.TY anyway.

Just now, GruuberKrauss said:

i get this error vafter dlin new torrent and doing everything on guide here and there

Screenshot_2.png

First check that you have enough hard drive space.

Second, you can follow these options:

• Go to start and type `CMD`, right click the command prompt application and choose to run as administrator
• In the command prompt window type the following command: `attrib -r "Path\To\Epsilon\Folder\Data\*" /s`
• Where it says Path\To\Epsilon\Folder, change that to the directory path. E.g. `attrib -r "C:\Games\EpsilonRP\Data\*" /s`
• The Command Prompt window should return no message
• Close CMD and run EpsilonWoW.exe as administrator