Ross

7.3.5 Technical Support Megathread

37 posts in this topic

Hey, i usually been a rp player here... And at the first time I download the game (years ago) i didn't have any problems, but now:

How I can fix this?

Epsilon.png

40 minutes ago, Terenar24 said:

Hey, i usually been a rp player here... And at the first time I download the game (years ago) i didn't have any problems, but now:

How I can fix this?

Epsilon.png

We are aware of the issue and we are working on resolving it. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Terenar24 likes this

So I can't get the torrent version to work, windows defender flags it.

I have taken ownership of the folder but it feels like I'm missing something...

hlpplz.PNG

Just now, Valentia said:

So I can't get the torrent version to work, windows defender flags it.

I have taken ownership of the folder but it feels like I'm missing something...

hlpplz.PNG

You can make an exception in Windows Defender.

Also, you haven't taken full ownership of the folder. "SHMEM_ACCESS_DENIED" means you don't have access. Follow these instructions:

• Go to start and type `CMD`, right click the command prompt application and choose to run as administrator
• In the command prompt window type the following command: `attrib -r "Path\To\Epsilon\Folder\Data\*" /s`
• Where it says Path\To\Epsilon\Folder, change that to the directory path. E.g. `attrib -r "C:\Games\EpsilonRP\Data\*" /s`
• The Command Prompt window should return no message
• Close CMD and run EpsilonWoW.exe as administrator

Valentia likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello, I've downloaded the whole client and I tried the solutions to fix my problem. Sadly, it didn't work. I can get into the game, log in, make a character and partially load in. It crashes once the bar nearly fills and there is no error message at all. What should I try next?

EDIT: Whatever it was, it's gone now. No help needed.

Edited by Hood

Posted (edited)

So I'm having the same problem as a few other people here. I've tried the this:

• In the command prompt window type the following command: `attrib -r "Path\To\Epsilon\Folder\Data\*" /s`
• Where it says Path\To\Epsilon\Folder, change that to the directory path. E.g. `attrib -r "C:\Games\EpsilonRP\Data\*" /s`

but still no luck. I'm also running as admin.

errorMsg.PNG

EDIT: So I downloaded the TinyClient and that seemed to work for me, now im just gonna move the Data folder over and hope that works.

Edited by Thrashaholic

7 hours ago, Azarchius said:

If it doesn't work, please try deleting the file shmem located at: Data/data/shmem.

Attemped, got the following error

Your World of Warcraft installation is damaged. To learn how to repair it, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6572

Restored the file back and still the same error (installation damaged), I think I'm just doomed to not play lol. The folder I have with TinyClient was going fine, but now when I try and enter a phase I get a streaming error. Guess I'll spend the 2 days and completely redownload everything.

9 hours ago, Thrashaholic said:

Your World of Warcraft installation is damaged. To learn how to repair it, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6572

Restored the file back and still the same error (installation damaged), I think I'm just doomed to not play lol. The folder I have with TinyClient was going fine, but now when I try and enter a phase I get a streaming error. Guess I'll spend the 2 days and completely redownload everything.

With the TinyClient folder, go into the DBFilesClient folder and delete the Map.db2 file. That should help with your streaming error when entering phases.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:32 PM, Thrashaholic said:

Delete Data/data/CASCRepair.mrk

then also delete the folders Data/indices and Data/configs.