Sign in to follow this  
Seragosa

Sheathing on custom items not right.

Hey there!

So I've tried using custom weapons, and they work fine, besides the fact that they sheathe completely wrong. Sometimes they are invisible, they don't appear on the right hand, they don't even have the sounds.

Is this supposed to be, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Sera

Edited by Seragosa

Hey there.

You are probably using the incorrect sheathe, as now almost all the weapons have a ton of copies with various sheathe styles - some are very very strange. You need to keep searching until you find the one that works for you.

kC6Aj06.gif?1Characters

• Kraald Skullflare - Chaos Orc Pyremaster
  • Aellonora - Draenei Justicar
  • Solomon Zaine - Undead Lightslayer
  • Abel Caine Scarlet Chaplain
  • Agrail Eaglebrace - Highmountain Tauren Shaman

Probably more to come.

Heya, friend.  I know exactly what you mean by this and no, this isn't a bug.  For whatever reason Blizzard likely had use for a item sheath of a very strange format, or they simply didn't remove it.  Don't expect them to leave anytime soon, but I assure you the sheathe you are looking for does exist among them!  Usually the first item is the correct sheathe, I've found.

fdfgsdfgs.png

The sheathing system has been used on servers like Paragon for a millenia.

Let me guide you through it!

The first number of a weapon's item ID is that particular weapon's 'sheath slot'.

For example, there are two weapons with say, the item IDs 1113262 and 3113262 (these are not real ID's, by the way. Just an example).

Both are the same weapon, but the first item will cause the weapon to sheath as if it is a two-handed sword/axe/mace, the second will have it sheath on the hip as if it were a one-handed sword/axe/mace

The Sheath IDs are as follows:

MELEE WEAPONS:
Sheaths 1 - 6 are melee versions of weapons, which are required for certain spells. 

1 = 2-handed Sword/Axe/Mace Sheath

2 = 2-handed Staff/Polearm Sheath (what is commonly known as 2-handed long or 2HL)

3 = 1-handed Sword/Axe/Mace (hip sheath)

4 = Shield-position Sheath (It doesn't cause your weapon to be recognized as a shield. It just sheaths in the same spot. Pretty useless sheath)

5 = Invisible (Good for glaives and fist weapons that look fucked up anywhere)

6 = Not sure what this sheath is. Makes things turn all weird.

RANGED WEAPONS:
Sheaths 7 - 12 are ranged versions of weapons, which are required for certain spells.

7 = Gun/Crossbow (same location as 2-handed swords/axes/maces)

8 = Bow (same location as staves and polearms)

9 = Hip sheath (Ranged). I'm sure this looks good for... something!

10 = Shield Position (Ranged). Not sure what you could use this for, to be honest.

11 = Same sheath as 6. Looks kinda cool with ranged weapons actually.

12 = Invisible (Ranged).

This is honestly such a fun system for weapons once you know how to use it, particularly as you can juggle a single weapon between melee and ranged.

For example, the WoD rifles with the massive bayonets I often add as both a rifle version (slot 7) and a 2-handed melee weapon version (slot 1) and just swap between them, allowing me to animate my character using their rifle's massive bayonet cleaver thing as an actual weapon.

It's also handy for if you want to carry a particularly cumbersome one-handed weapon on your back like a two-handed weapon, or simply want things to sheath in ways that look cooler for your particular character. Experiment with sheathing slots and have fun with it!

Edited by VernDagon

On 7/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, VernDagon said:

The sheathing system has been used on servers like Paragon for a millenia.

Let me guide you through it!

The first number of a weapon's item ID is that particular weapon's 'sheath slot'.

For example, there are two weapons with say, the item IDs 1113262 and 3113262 (these are not real ID's, by the way. Just an example).

Both are the same weapon, but the first item will cause the weapon to sheath as if it is a two-handed sword/axe/mace, the second will have it sheath on the hip as if it were a one-handed sword/axe/mace

The Sheath IDs are as follows:

MELEE WEAPONS:
Sheaths 1 - 6 are melee versions of weapons, which are required for certain spells. 

1 = 2-handed Sword/Axe/Mace Sheath

2 = 2-handed Staff/Polearm Sheath (what is commonly known as 2-handed long or 2HL)

3 = 1-handed Sword/Axe/Mace (hip sheath)

4 = Shield-position Sheath (It doesn't cause your weapon to be recognized as a shield. It just sheaths in the same spot. Pretty useless sheath)

5 = Invisible (Good for glaives and fist weapons that look fucked up anywhere)

6 = Not sure what this sheath is. Makes things turn all weird.

RANGED WEAPONS:
Sheaths 7 - 12 are ranged versions of weapons, which are required for certain spells.

7 = Gun/Crossbow (same location as 2-handed swords/axes/maces)

8 = Bow (same location as staves and polearms)

9 = Hip sheath (Ranged). I'm sure this looks good for... something!

10 = Shield Position (Ranged). Not sure what you could use this for, to be honest.

11 = Same sheath as 6. Looks kinda cool with ranged weapons actually.

12 = Invisible (Ranged).

This is honestly such a fun system for weapons once you know how to use it, particularly as you can juggle a single weapon between melee and ranged.

For example, the WoD rifles with the massive bayonets I often add as both a rifle version (slot 7) and a 2-handed melee weapon version (slot 1) and just swap between them, allowing me to animate my character using their rifle's massive bayonet cleaver thing as an actual weapon.

It's also handy for if you want to carry a particularly cumbersome one-handed weapon on your back like a two-handed weapon, or simply want things to sheath in ways that look cooler for your particular character. Experiment with sheathing slots and have fun with it!

Might be worth adding a guide for this in Nar'thalas Academy

Same with custom gear, as the equip slot is defined by the first number in an items entryID.

Moving this to solved.

Sign in to follow this