Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Your guideline/Q&A of your furry races of WoW and more! By Highlander.

Hi. The purpose of this thread will be to help newcomers or curious folk in guidelines in roleplaying certain races I am knowledgeable of.

LET'S GET IT STARTED!

549px-Pandaren_and_dragon_turtle.jpg?ver

Pandaren

Pandaren are the ursine race of Azeroth that were as old as the Kaldorei, in the past, they were the slaves of the cruel race Mogu, that kept them under slavery for many years to come, Kang, the Fist of the First Dawn, set up a revolution that shook the whole Mogu empire and leading to the liberty of Pandaren.

The Pandaren are not to be mistaken as a lesser race, they have faced the Mogu slavery, the assaults of the Zandalari Trolls, the seven Sha, the corrupted Mantid and having the Sundering upon their hands, the last emperor, Shaohao, sacrificed his life to shroud the land in a thick mist that would keep Pandaria hidden for decades.

The Pandaren are divided in two, the mainland and the Wandering Isle, also known as Grandchildren of Liu Lang that lived on the Turtle Isle known as Shen-Zin Su.

The Pandaren, as a race, are strong, wise, almost impressively agile and a good ally to have around. They love and revolve their life in joy, food and a good drink, as well as keeping peace in and out, but some may be the fiercest warriors Azeroth has ever known, they have four deities known as Celestials, which are Wild Gods of Pandaria that assisted the Last Emperor Shaohao in fighting his inner Sha and restore balance to Pandaria, and also being the head figures of the Monks.

When you will roleplay a Pandaren, you must remember that they are more of an exotic type of race, where different cultures will apply aside your regular races, they are and will be a new and unique way to approach this race.

1. What is there to know :

The Pandaren are big ursine beings with a distinctive lore and culture, they are not Humans or Orcs at all, neither they are like Taurens. When making a Pandaren, remember that you play an asian influenced character and that traditions will apply to you, for example for the Mainland Pandaren meanwhile Wandering Isle Pandaren are adventurous and may be more easy to handle in terms of playing your own.

They love to eat, drink and have a good time, don't forget that.

2. Factions :

As we know, Wandering Isle Pandaren are able to choose between Horde and The Alliance and that they both factions their loyalty and skills. The Pandaren sided factions are named The Huojin and The Tushui , each following a set of philosophies in their training and personality.

The two have a rivalry not like the Alliance and the Horde, they are not mortal enemies, when fighting a Pandaren of the opposite factions, you are to give him/her mercy to fight another day, since he/she is part of your blood, you won't fight your own because of a faction.

Meanwhile, the Mainland Pandaren are strictly NEUTRAL and follow their own laws and land, they are known to be more peaceful to each other but not held down, with the disappearance of the mist, more and more Pandaren set out trade routes with many factions of Azeroth, as well as assisting some in difficult times.

3. Classes : 

Pandaren can be : Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Shamans, Priests*, Monks and Mages**

Other classes, also known as RPG classes that Pandaren can be are : Geomancers, War-dancers, Pikeman, Transcendent and Shado-Pan***

You are free to choose through this pack, each class determines your personality as a Pandaren, but remember the following thing with each class :

- Warriors : They are not SAMURAI, or whatever other asian movie hero, they are as they seem, strong walking trains of pain that will pack a HUGE punch

- Hunters : They love bows over guns, but this will not restrict you in being a gun lover.

- Rogues : They. Are. Not. Ninjas! Those are more known as Shado-Pan, we will get to them. Rogue Pandarens are more with controlling their body weight and using their ursine hind-paws to make them mostly quiet, careful of that vase.

- Shamans : The shamans have these young looking Elements that they follow, but as many other races, they have a connection to the Elemental Plain.

Priests : What to remember about priests is that the Pandaren adopted a different style of the Holy Light, instead of Churches, they have temples that they pray with incense and other charms, most notable thing to know of Priests is that they follow the Wild God deity Chi-Ji, The Red Crane, which inspires HOPE to Pandaren, which is a prime fuel in faith.

- Monks : Pandaren formed the Monk order, they are the Masters of their body, soul and Chi. Chi being a powerful body energy that is harnessed through meditation and having full control of your body, with the power of puncture strikes that could leave even the strongest foe to peace or sleep. They follow the other three of the four Wild Gods : Xuen, The White TigerNiuzhao, The Black Ox and Yu'Lon, The Jade Serpent. Each Celestial granting each monk their wisdom and strength.

Mages : This is a class that will mostly apply to Mainland Pandaren as the Mogu have burned down all their books and scrolls in the past and only a few remains of this remained on Shen-Zin Su that was passed from Master to Master. Mainland Pandaren are also able to learn Arcane Arts in a more unique way than Humans.

[STILL WORK IN PROGRESS!]

Edited by Highlander
Work in Progress

willy1.PNG2017-07-23 00.26.45.jpg

Tbh, my only suggestion is to not play your Worgen as a puppy who loves to be scratched, I'm sorry but I find it super cringy. Same with Pandaren. That's all the advice I can give.

~Ciao.

The point was for me to drop these advices. But I will take yours in consideration.

Just now, Highlander said:

The point was for me to drop these advices. But I will take yours in consideration.

Ah, well, thought it was a place where others can give suggestions.

I look forward to seeing your pointers; often Pandaren become noodle salesmen and too often do Worgen dream of being a Neopet.

Edited by Mordred

edkEI8P.png

https://curiouscat.me/mordred

Ask me anything, server related or no.

Don't mate in worgen form??? 

14vqpux_zps73085916.png 

Spoiler

credits to cielle for signature

1 hour ago, Layet said:

Don't mate in worgen form??? 

?

Well, to each their own. Good news is the curse only spreads through a bite and not like an STD.

Edited by Sorkar

they're people too. not yiff machines.

genn probs has 100 девочек отсоси его. so he is the exception

Do worgen women really have six nipples?
Why don't tauren women have udders?

I need to know these for uh... reasons.

On 7/18/2017 at 4:36 PM, Sanbren said:

Do worgen women really have six nipples?
Why don't tauren women have udders?

I need to know these for uh... reasons.

I heard Pandaren fat rolls are breasts for their extra nipples.

On 9.07.2017 at 1:05 AM, Mordred said:

I look forward to seeing your pointers; often Pandaren become noodle salesmen and too often do Worgen dream of being a Neopet.

Praise this, people too often think worgen are basically dogs, and they forget they were humans in the first placs

Thread still in heavy W.I.P people. I will update it in the near future for all y'all.<3

"Mainland Pandaren are also able to learn Arcane Arts in a more unique way than Humans. "

this particular thing intrigues me, any chance I could get an elaboration on that? What's "unique" about their way of learning the Arcane?

16 hours ago, FilthySlovak said:

"Mainland Pandaren are also able to learn Arcane Arts in a more unique way than Humans. "

this particular thing intrigues me, any chance I could get an elaboration on that? What's "unique" about their way of learning the Arcane?

Unlike your casual teen going to a special school or Dalaran academy to study principles of Magic, Pandaren kind of discovered it from the Highbourne Elves, before the Sundering.

The way the elves teached Pandaren was way different than human like studies, more powerful and more "elegant", but just during the sundering, when the Elves abused powers and the Pandaren retreated, they said that their magic is too powerful, instead, with their meditative nature and more delicate approach the magic (before the Mogu uprise), they were excellent casters.

Now, with the current times, the Pandaren lost a lot of their knowledge in arcane magic because of the Mogu, thus they are now limited in knowledge only on Wandering Isle and remote amount on the Mainland, and now study among the other mages of Azeroth.

A quick ammendment to Pandaren Rogues;

'The Shado-Pan function as Pandaria's defenders of the Great Wall, and a ceremonial position held by those who can endure the most difficult of trials.`

They are NOT rogues, they are more monks, warriors and hunters all combined into one. A pandaren rogue would be more akin to an assassin using abilities learned through either being a monk or a fighter of sorts to a more subtle, deadly way. This is purely to clear up to avoid any renegade or ex-Shado Pan. You can retire from the Shado-pan, but I'm talking very old age, pretty much on your deathbed, or from injuries that prevent you from serving the cause.

Your pandaren rogue archetype should be functionally similar to monks but opting for the stealth and lightness, and speed rather then the beerbelly drunkard fighting style you commonly see in RP.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

1 hour ago, Rogan said:

A quick ammendment to Pandaren Rogues;

'The Shado-Pan function as Pandaria's defenders of the Great Wall, and a ceremonial position held by those who can endure the most difficult of trials.`

They are NOT rogues, they are more monks, warriors and hunters all combined into one. A pandaren rogue would be more akin to an assassin using abilities learned through either being a monk or a fighter of sorts to a more subtle, deadly way. This is purely to clear up to avoid any renegade or ex-Shado Pan. You can retire from the Shado-pan, but I'm talking very old age, pretty much on your deathbed, or from injuries that prevent you from serving the cause.

Your pandaren rogue archetype should be functionally similar to monks but opting for the stealth and lightness, and speed rather then the beerbelly drunkard fighting style you commonly see in RP.

I totally agree to this, Shado-Pan' are a very elite force and not your everyday sight in RP, they follow strict code of honor and are the deadliest force in Pandaria.

As popular reference, the Shado-pan share the ways of the : Shinobi (Ninja), Samurai, and many more warrior archtype of China and Japan, adapted for WoW lore.

On 7/9/2017 at 7:12 AM, Highlander said:

Pandaren are the ursine race of Azeroth that were as old as the Kaldorei,

pandaren arent ursine race. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Pandaren 

pandaren are bipedal humanoids not ursine.

pandaren still exist

pandaren ARE as old as the night elves.

Furbolg are an Ursine race. bear men. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Furbolg 

I think this looks good.  This would be great if a source like this could be made across all races.  Of course, that'd take some time.  Regardless, keep up the good work!

fdfgsdfgs.png

12 hours ago, Grandmaster Pa said:

pandaren arent ursine race. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Pandaren 

pandaren are bipedal humanoids not ursine.

pandaren still exist

pandaren ARE as old as the night elves.

Furbolg are an Ursine race. bear men. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Furbolg 

Fix noted, will apply when the time comes.