novaprospect

Bravo Company

john-silva-emhyr-by-john-silva-fb.jpg

BRAVO COMPANY

<Discord Link>

Guild Slots Left: 1

albert-urmanov-193-theory-sucks-final.jpg

Summary

The guild is based around creating brand new characters that are starting from ground zero. Alberfen (the CFO) is looking to recruit young, unique talent. Boy and girl wonders. Each character has their own gimmick. Cliff invented a long-distance jet-pack, there's a Dwarf hermit that's uncovered a plasma-based weapon. Although these people are unique, they're young and almost small-town heroes that are just moving to the big city. The goal of Bravo Company is to bring back a bit of nostalgia when it comes to retail RP. Epic story-lines, progression from creating that first character and making him into something great, and best of all... it's a place where your choices effect the story and the guild--where the members really matter.

vanessa-palmer-bfa2018-libraryhome-ver11sm.jpg

Goal

Nothing is worse than running an event and having 30 people emoting over each other, not reading each other's posts and hoping they'll be heard. Constant combat RP event can also be boring. People rolling one after the other, reducing their character with a rich story-line, down to a person with a sword, a gun, or a staff.

I want to keep it small, keep it centered on story, and have variety when it comes to events. Quality RP is my goal.

lucile-meunier-lucile-meunier-hearthstone-final-arts.jpg

Story

Bravo Company began with the Legendary John J. Keeshan and his brothers in arms, the real bad-asses of war-times. Now with the majority of Bravo Company dead and the leader Keeshan retired, their name has been put to rest... until now. Alberfen, aka "The Ignoble Butcher of Blackwald" has moved to Stormwind's Redridge Mountains to reclaim his lost title and fortune by bringing back the legacy of an of John J. Keeshan and the rest of his company. Alberfen, desperate to make a name for himself in this new territory, is signing all young wiz's / boy and girl wonders he can find under multi-year percentage contracts. Alberfen hopes his actions will inevitably lead to an investment by the Stormwind government and from that, returning to a lavish life of aristocracy and politics. The concept was an ends to the means for Alberfen, but after meeting these new initiates... he seems to have a change of heart. Perhaps money isn't everything to this disgraced Lord.

hanz11t.png

Making a Character for 'Bravo Company'

Summary

Bravo Company requires players to create a new, unique character that has his own gimmick. These characters are young boy/girl(or otherwise) wonders that, due to their background and history, have a knack for something and specialize in a particular field. Being a sharpshooter or an archaeologist isn't enough to join Bravo Company. It's important to be out-there with your creativity and to think outside of the box. Have a background or story that you care about or relate to. A character example that I created is Cliff, aka "The Dragonhawk" an aviator that invented the first long-distance jetpack. You can listen to Cliff's origin-story here: soundcloud.com/charlescharliemesa/the-tale-of-dragonhawk

The Guidelines to Bravo Company Character Creation

1. Be unique and think outside of the box. If you're an engineer, what kind of engineer are you? Aerial, battery/power-core, projectile? If you're an arcane mage, are you quick-caster, a scholar, or the wizard archetype? After you've chosen that, go even further... Dragonhawk is an Aerial Engineer, but what makes him special is that he invented the first long-range jetpack and attached wings to it so he can change directory. We may have to engineers in the group, but a power-pack gunner is nothing like a rocketeer.

2. Be a small-town hero just starting your path to success. You're unique, and you're known because of it, but you're not a veteran at what you do or well-renown. The Frankenstein monster is a perfect example. Victor Frankenstein invented an abomination, it traversed the town, was chased to a windmill and burnt to the ground. This changed Victor and defined him as a man, and the town will always remember the tale of the monster, but if he left and moved 2 towns over... he'd be a stranger and no one would know of the beast. He also only had 1 semi-successful project, some would even consider it a failure. He has a long way to go before he can call himself a re-animator.

3. Make them young. Your character is just beginning their journey and getting started when it comes to harnessing their powers. They have a long way to go, so it's important that your character is a prodigy and not a master. I would prefer between the ages of 15-24 in regards to human years, but if you can make a case otherwise, I will always hear you out. After all, I like people that think outside the box.

4. Make your character flawed--have great strengths and clear weaknesses. Too many times in RP will a character with a shotgun magically pull out a flintlock and be a sharpshooter with it when a massacre becomes a hostage situation, because he knows the buckshot will kill the person he's trying to save. Don't be the person who's anxious when his character can't do something. If your character is spontaneous, but all of a sudden is incredibly cautious when dealing with a potential harmful situation, then you're letting your insecurities seep into your character's personality. Don't. Be flawed, play to your strengths. If you are spontaneous, be spontaneous and have the rest of the group reluctantly follow you into the fray. If you're character is ruthless, be ruthless. If they are kind, be kind at their expense. Your character is young, new to their powers, and probably out of their element. Be bold with who they are, but be bold with your strengths... and your flaws.

5. Care about your character, make a story for them, one that is far from over. You want your character to develop, to have a mission, and a purpose in this world. That will come into play later. There is also only 1 character slot allowed for each player. So whatever you join the guild with, that character is locked in for the whole Season. A new character slot is opened for each existing member at the end of every Season.

Guild Ranks  

CFO - Chief Financial Officer of the guild, Alberfen determines what

investments and contracts to accept or decline as a responsible administrator

for his employees. He also deals with the legal-side of contract operations.

Marketing - Executives and administrators of business. This rank is reserved for

operatives that have outgrown their life on the field. This is a cushy desk-job,

where the old and the wounded can ride smooth waves into retirement.

Agent - The highest level of field operative that can be obtained. Agents

have worked their way out of a standard, multi-year contract and take per-job

contracts, which are a lot more lucrative, offers more freedom on the job,

and are top=secret missions.

Muscle -  An established contract with Bravo Company, the Muscle carries

out jobs and missions from every spectrum or end of the the ladder. They

are expected to do their job, do it well, or die trying.

Limited-Liability Contract - Every blue moon, certain boy/girl-wonders aren't

who you expect them to be. Some are promising but don't have the right attitude,

some sound like they have a unique ability until you find out "Master Micro-Projectile

Engineer" really just means a guy with a pellet-gun, and some are just addicted to

pure, uncut crystal arcane... those mana-fiends... you just can't trust 'em.

Limited-Liability Contracts are to legally remove liability from Bravo Company

for the actions of new initiates, and test their worth and grit in a trial by fire.

"Men think highly of those who rise rapidly in the world; whereas nothing rises quicker than dust . . ." -Lord Byron

Edited by novaprospect

Good luck and I hope to see you guys posting about your events and storylines in the future. :D

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Good luck and I hope to see you guys posting about your events and storylines in the future. :D

I will definitely be keeping the people of this server updated! Gotta' show the skeptics what they're missing.

19 hours ago, LightDragons said:

This is awesome man! I wish you the best of luck with this! <3 :)

And good luck with your massive project as well! I'm sure it's gonna' blow people's minds!

Would think about joining, but I can't be online for another week or so.

But this seems wery good and I hope ya all are enjoying this.

18 minutes ago, Vojtik said:

Would think about joining, but I can't be online for another week or so.

But this seems wery good and I hope ya all are enjoying this.

If you're really interested, come by the Discord sometime and talk to me about it. I'll keep a spot open for you. On Discord, I'm thenovaprospect#0700.

This sounds like something I'd be seriously interested in. I've been craving RP with a heavy emphasis on progression and new beginnings. I have an idea for a character in mind, but still ironing out what exactly they'll be.

kC6Aj06.gif?1Characters

• Kraald Skullflare - Chaos Orc Pyremaster
  • Aellonora - Draenei Justicar
  • Solomon Zaine - Undead Lightslayer
  • Abel Caine Scarlet Chaplain
  • Agrail Eaglebrace - Highmountain Tauren Shaman

Probably more to come.

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

This sounds like something I'd be seriously interested in. I've been craving RP with a heavy emphasis on progression and new beginnings. I have an idea for a character in mind, but still ironing out what exactly they'll be.

Come talk to me on the Discord, bud: https://discord.gg/w5yEbJ4

A new audio log has been added to the forums for Cathasach, aka Pulsefire! Bravo Company's newest member! Join our story and become the hero you always knew you could be!

Edited by novaprospect