Sign in to follow this  
Aelle

Skybox Default Changed Bug

So I ported outside of the Vindicaar and decided to fly as close to Azeroth as I could... because why not, right?

Anyway, as I got close to it, the skybox changed from the starry one seen inside the Vindicaar to the general default blue sky lightbox we usually see outside of dungeon .wmos and stuff like that. No biggy.

Except..

After this, the default lighting for all of my characters was changed to reflect the pale-blue of the default lightbox. While the skyboxes themselves change to be the right one, the lighting remains that hazy pale blue, as seen here:

CMRWzKb.jpg

The character that initially encountered the issue has since been deleted. This screenshot was taken on a brand new character as of today.

EDIT: Correction. It does actually change a few of my skyboxes too. Zangarmarsh currently looks like Westfall with mushrooms.

Edited by VernDagon

This happens when you attempt to change a skybox containing assets--e.g. Legion skyboxes that have actual ships flying in the air. I also don't understand the topic title--are you attributing this bug to something to do with .phase set skybox default? Or? Either way, it's 100% because of changing the skybox.

sSHRE9G.png

Sorry, my title was dumb.

This occured in the mainphase, and it occurred simply by entering an area that loaded the generic skybox in the Vindicaar map.

I didn't use any skybox commands of any kind for this bug to occur.

Edited by VernDagon

This issue could not be reproduced in the current game version (with the newest Epsilon files). I've moved the topic to Technical Support.

Hi there @VernDagon,

As per our discussion and troubleshooting in Discord, we understand that you have noticed some graphical issues in both World of Warcraft and other games that you regularly play. You cited that you often experience crashes, too.

We recommend that you perform a clean install of your AMD graphics drivers using DDU. I will provide a download and tutorial link for you to follow. Please ensure that your DirectX version is up to date by performing Windows update, too.

DDU Download
DDU Tutorial

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind Regards,
Ross