Sign in to follow this  
Silcore

Epsilon Torrent and Blizzard CDN Issues

The Blizzard CDN is currently down, meaning a number of users will be experiencing errors when attempting to download data through the client. If your WoW folder isn't completely downloaded, you may experience crashes in zones with content you have yet to load. If you are in the process of downloading the EpsilonStarter client (our tiny client), you should have a stagnant process for ~30 minutes before receiving a CDN error.

To circumvent this, @Deramyr has created a torrent of the full Epsilon client that can be downloaded here. (Please check the updates below for the new torrent information). If you don't currently have a torrent client, Deluge is a good free option without advertising. Keep in mind that the folder is 60GB in size, so make sure that you have the available disk space for the download. If you already have a full Epsilon client and would like to assist in seeding this torrent, you can follow the instructions that @Ross provided in the Epsilon Discord:

For anyone that wants to seed with their already fully completed client:

1. Copy the Data from your Epsilon folder to Torrent client's download folder.

2. Make a new folder called "EpsilonRP" and paste the Data folder inside.

3. Right click the torrent file in your torrent client and click "force recheck".

4. Wait for all files to be validated and it will seed what you have.

Feel free to use this thread (or the #Support channel in the Epsilon Discord) if you have any further questions about these CDN issues or making use of the Torrent.

UPDATE: We have several peers working on streaming the torrent now. If you are having difficulty connecting to the existing peers, you may want to remove the existing trackers from the torrent and restart Deluge as an administrator.

UPDATE: Deramyr's seed is 100% completed. If you want to directly connect to his address, visit the peers tab of your torrent client and add a new peer. The IP and host are 121.200.34.255:54794.

UPDATE: After multiple reports indicated the previous torrent failed, we are using a tried-and-tested client in a new torrent. Keep in mind that this solution may not work, and we are in the process of downloading and testing on multiple devices. If you have a fast internet speed and available space, we would appreciate any attempts to download and seed the new torrent. To directly connect to the 100% complete peer the IP and host are 109.146.79.194:55555.

UPDATE: The TinyClient now reliably works without any errors. You can find the download for that here: https://mega.nz/#!LcMxFCKa!vQs44wU6-EWnmdUWqvm3zIwQP-XrWzxnJomeflbm-RM

F.A.Q

1. I'm encountering an SHMEM Read/Write error when booting the Epsilon executable. How do I resolve this?

Spoiler

The way to resolve this issue is by removing the read-only flag from the Data folder and all of its subfolders and files. This can be accomplished through the Command Prompt. Use Windows + X to open the Command Prompt as Administrator. You now want to type the following command: attrib -r "DRIVE:\PATH_TO_EPSILONRP\Data\*" /s. For example, if you have your EpsilonRP folder saved to the C:\Games folder, your command would be as follows: attrib -r "C:\Games\EpsilonRP\Data\*" /s. After this is complete, visit your Data\data folder and remove the CASCRepair.mrk file if it exists. If it doesn't exist, don't worry about it. Now launch EpsilonWoW.exe as an Administrator.

Edited by Silcore
Added New Torrent Information

Feel free to @Ross#1832 in the support channel if you're encountering any issues. Thank you to @Silcore for this topic! :)

We're fluctuating between 0 and 1 peers at the moment, and a solid 0 seeders. Expect stalled downloads until we've established a good network of uploaders.

UPDATE: We have seeders now. Yay. Thanks to everyone who is contributing by seeding.

Edited by Silcore

Just Downloaded the Torrent (Took 6 HRS!) and i still end up with the same bloody "CASC Initialize Error"
Here.

Edit. And Yes. I made sure that i have all permissions over the folder and followed it step by step, idk why this is happening. I got this laptop from the school so, no idea if that has anything to do with it though.

image.jpg

Edited by Bakago Bloodjaw

@Bakago Bloodjaw You're getting a CDN 404 error with the torrent, which has been happening to several people (including myself). @Deramyr and a bunch of others are looking into figuring out why the client is attempting to connect with the CDN right now. I'll update this thread with a solution as soon as we find one.

Edited by Silcore

Small update on recent happenings: the torrent we were previously using seemed to be unstable and receiving the same CDN 404 errors on multiple devices. We're using a new torrent now (updated in the main post) that has been tested several times prior to upload. It should work when torrented, but we'll have to see how it plays out. If you would like to help with downloading and seeding, please pick up the torrent that has been added to the main post. Thanks guys.

The tiny client has been fixed by @Azarchius and the download link can be found here: https://mega.nz/#!LcMxFCKa!vQs44wU6-EWnmdUWqvm3zIwQP-XrWzxnJomeflbm-RM. For those who are still interested in downloading the entire client through the torrent, the torrents are still available (and described in the main post). Otherwise, the tiny client will now successfully stream data as you play without any CDN 404/SHMEM errors.