Cre

Epsilon Development Blog: November 2018

Just now, Insomnia said:

Alleria armor isn't perfect, but it's cool.  

It's not meant to look like Alleria's armour, but it is inspired by her armour, specifically her collection pieces. Sorry, probably should've added that.

Oh.  Okay.  In that case nevermind.  Thought it was meant to be an exact replica.  

fdfgsdfgs.png

good armour review. looking forward to other things than just recolors of armours doe.

Edited by Romeo

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

good armour review. looking forward to other things than just recolors of armours doe.

What armour is this a recolour of? 

18 minutes ago, Enyremer said:

I must say there certainly is something similar about those Alleria armours recolours, Though I can't quite put my finger on it. Although my only critique of those sets would be to change the colour pallet to be more in line with the shades used with the recoloured variants of the existing Eagletalon Battlegear as that seemed to largely be the inspiration for some of Alleria's armour. 

The Eagletalon armour is heavily inspired by Sylvanas' armour, not Alleria's, I don't really see a striking similarity between the two sets apart from one or two of the colour palettes. I can see what you're saying about making some shades to better match the Eagletalon sets, maybe I'll do that.

its an armour set with recolors, i aint saying its bad but thats all this post is.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

its an armour set with recolors, i aint saying its bad but thats all this post is.

That is what the post is if you just scroll to the bottom. This release of the blog was to highlight /why/ it has taken this long to get stuff going. 

I assure you that if you read the full thing and understand what we have said, you might see the difficulty we’ve had working with 7.3.5 and Blizzards new way of handling model files. 

As well as that, we only choose three things to show because we are still quite firm on the stance that we don’t feel the need to post pictures of everything we’re working on. That creates a pressure for us - who are doing this as a hobby in our free time - to release everything we show. 

Have you considered just using the GM tag instead?

Otherwise, great to see a return of this, been advocating for Dev blogs, big or small, for a very long time. The dev-update bar on Discord isn't the same as it was in terms of promoting 'hey, we're out there', responses. MY primary concern is that Alleria set looks awfully similar to the set Alexa made, which exists as an RPH patch, iirc. Is this an accidental correlation or are we seeing one of the first big additions of player-created content on Epsilon? Asking because no one is actually credited for the content.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

1 hour ago, Rogan said:

Have you considered just using the GM tag instead?

Hm? I'm not quite following :P

1 hour ago, Rogan said:

MY primary concern is that Alleria set looks awfully similar to the set Alexa made, which exists as an RPH patch, iirc. Is this an accidental correlation or are we seeing one of the first big additions of player-created content on Epsilon? Asking because no one is actually credited for the content.

In terms of credit, anything shown in the dev blogs has been done by the developers speaking in the blog. 

Greymane Coat's Revisited was done by Tia, as was the Alleria armour. The lightsabers - of course - by ya nerdy boy here.

why u taking it as an insult. im not saying ur not working hard. im saying i came in expecting changes to the server, news, not recolored sets. please dont assume things. u have done a great job. but maybe u should rename this "a cool patch" and not a grand development update lol

45 minutes ago, Romeo said:

why u taking it as an insult. im not saying ur not working hard. im saying i came in expecting changes to the server, news, not recolored sets. please dont assume things. u have done a great job. but maybe u should rename this "a cool patch" and not a grand development update lol

You've not read the post, Romeo :(

Just now, Ross said:

You've not read the post, Romeo :(

ok. let me correct myself, "developer update we're doing our best with models, not quite there yet. here's a few recolored cloaks and armour".

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

ok. let me correct myself, "developer update we're doing our best with models, not quite there yet. here's a few recolored cloaks and armour".

Still wrong, but I appreciate you for trying.

Just now, Ross said:

Still wrong, but I appreciate you for trying.

man, alright.

i mean, what are you looking for them to do? post everything that the devs may be working on but have no confirmation on when it'll be done/if it'll be put in?

or are you looking for them to devote themselves to areas where they might just not have interest/might have a harder time with doing?

edit: also azarchius is a server developer. everyone else is models / recolors. if you wanted server-end development news, there was definitely better ways to go about it than throwing a stink on a topic. and azarchius may not have ANYTHING to show us right now.

Edited by Mithaniel

9kTXiSH.png

Alleria armor? That brings up some exciting potential.
Would there be any potential for Magni's armor, or would that be a nightmare to texture with it being all diamond?

That's a great idea, i'm not that good at texturing but i will see what i can do.

Here we go. It wasn't really a nightmare, but it took some time.

Magni.jpg