Vedaar

Forum Roleplay [Poll]

Would you be interested in IC forum RP?  

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you partake with in-character forum roleplay on Epsilon?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Are you interested in a particular type of forum RP? [Multiple Choice]

• Combat
    • Adventure
    • Trade
    • Character Development
    • Organisation/Order (i.e. Knights of the Ebon Blade)
    • All of the above
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Would you want there to be a moderator of the thread maintaining the atmosphere/immersion? This would involve roleplaying the 'extras' and interacting with players. For example, a tavern whereby the moderator controls the bartender, owner, drunkards etc.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/70 at 12:00 AM

This is an interest check to see those of you that are interested in forum RP, to see if it's worth investing the time before I commit. I don't tend to get much spare time (similarly to many of you I expect) meaning there are times where I find it useful to be able to jump into a forum thread, spark up some literary dialogue and return to it when I can. It can be a great way to progress a character without having to login for those of you that are on the fence.

The thread voting is anonymous for those that wish to remain covert.

Edited by Vedaar

This is something that comes up too often in roleplay servers. And I never seen it get far. People usually get bored of typing long descriptive parragraphs (cause lets be honest, you have unlimited time and writing, why write 4 words?). I might try it if it goes well though.

I'd make a Discord group for it over forums. To see who is typing and whatnot so theres no stepping on other's toes.

I don't think its a bad idea. I've been mildly interested in it, but I find in-game roleplay more fun than in text. 

I'm a strong supporter of Forum based roleplay, having been groomed there, and done it a lot, especially nation RP.  It's super easy to get in and out of and I can really show my stuff if permitted there.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

creature.png

23 hours ago, Ezcu said:

This is something that comes up too often in roleplay servers. And I never seen it get far. People usually get bored of typing long descriptive parragraphs (cause lets be honest, you have unlimited time and writing, why write 4 words?). I might try it if it goes well though.

I'd make a Discord group for it over forums. To see who is typing and whatnot so theres no stepping on other's toes.

I don't think its a bad idea. I've been mildly interested in it, but I find in-game roleplay more fun than in text. 

I understand your concerns, I would argue that typing long descriptive paragraphs isn't a necessity of forum RP. Instead, it comes down to your writing and how well you can articulate a moment, scenario or narrative. I'd ask you to try your hand at it even if it turns out not to be appealing.

There would be separate posts for each individual which ensures we know who's typing. I'd make it clear through formatting who was the NPC speaker (if there are any) and when building the atmosphere.

A fair comment, it's not for everyone. I find it requires more imagination but it can work incredibly well with the right audience.

17 hours ago, Rogan said:

I'm a strong supporter of Forum based roleplay, having been groomed there, and done it a lot, especially nation RP.  It's super easy to get in and out of and I can really show my stuff if permitted there.

Fantastic, I look forward to seeing you in action Rogan. 

Edited by Vedaar

I have created a demonstration thread to see whether anyone is interested. Yes, it's only a tavern RP for now however the prospects could be much larger if it succeeds!

This kind of thing never worked too well in the past. But hey, maybe you are the chosen one to make this happen.

I can just wish you the best of lucks and I am looking forward to seeing where this will go.