Sign in to follow this  
Aelle

7.3.5-2 'In the Works' Blog

So recently, I posted in the #development section of Epsilon's Discord channel, asking about custom items in the NPC phase forge not working, only to find out that the system was functioning again in the upcoming (tm) 735-2 update for Epsilon.

Knowing this alleviated a whole bunch of my concerns and fears regarding my future here on Epsilon.

Thus, I'd like to suggest some kind of blog-type patch-notes thread in the Development section outlying most updates to be added in the new Epsilon build.

While the dev team doesn't have to spill their guts about everything, and can still keep a few handy, gorgeous little surprises up their sleeves for the release, knowing that some of the current client's major bugs and issues have been addressed, as well as knowing at least some of the upcoming content (similar to what was posted in the dev blog), might help with not only attracting new players (who see that the server is still undergoing development and improvements) but also retaining current players, who might choose to stick with Epsilon knowing some of the bugs in the game that are, for them, game-breaking are being addressed.

The thread itself could be formatted more like Blizzard patch notes... for example:

7.3.5-2 Upcoming Changes, Fixes, etc.

• Custom items will now work with the NPC forge once more, allowing you to equip your NPCs with custom gear found in Mogit.
  • The Skybox commands now work as intended, correctly replacing default skyboxes for phases with a priority system. Read more about it here.
  • Epsilon Overcoats are back in the game! You can read more about them here! This is no longer possible due to changes in the way Blizzard create character models. Read more about it here.
Edited by VernDagon

Hey @VernDagon,

I personally dislike the idea of presenting a full "upcoming" set of patch notes.

It's no secret that when things are teased or confirmed to be in the next patch that we are held to it. Sometimes quite viciously. Presenting a fully fledged set of patch notes with all of these promises would only result in backlash if something then went wrong.

Whilst there are usually great technical reasons for why these things happen, it does not appease the people that like to remind us "remember when you said X would be added two years ago???"

I would recommend that everyone keep an eye on the #dev-updates channel in Discord. You can see the commits that Azarchius makes to the Epsilon Core when bug fixing or adding features.

As well as that, we release patch notes when the patch goes live. You can find those over at https://forums.epsilonwow.net/forum/42-changelogs/.

That is just my opinion on the subject. One of the other developers may feel differently.

Like Ross said, if you're looking for these kinds of in-the-works updates that's what #dev-updates is for. If you keep up-to-date with it, you'll notice these features as they are being worked on and implemented.

IM8cAP4.png

sSHRE9G.png

Sign in to follow this