Amimir

Getting Epsilon to Run / Open — Mac

Okay, this is probably just me being a massive idiot, and I'm just missing something in the Connection guide. BUT I can't seem to figure it out. I'm running Mac Mojave (10.14.3).

So I downloaded the retail client from Blizz, and then downloaded Epsilon's Tiny Client. From what I understood on the connection guide, I was supposed to basically find-and-replace all the retail folders with Epsilon ones (ie: dbFilesClient, Interface, WTF), which I did. Now, I have two apps: one retail ("World of Warcraft") and one that came with the EpsilonWoWStarter folder ("World of Warcraft Patched"). The retail app opens fine, but gives me a 'You Have Been Disconnected' message when I try and log in. The Epsilon app doesn't open at all: I get a finder notification that says "The application “World of Warcraft Patched” can’t be opened."

So.... what am I doing wrong?! I'm not really tech savvy at all, so any help is super appreciated.O.o

Not find-and-replace. You should be extracting our TinyClient into retail folder and then run the Epsilon WoW app. If that's the procedure you did, reply, and we'll try and see what's going on.

sSHRE9G.png

Ok, so I tried the above, couldn't get it to work, then redownloaded the Epsilon client. Attached is a picture of the folder, as it came from the torrent. The only app looks like 'World of Warcraft Patched' which gives me the same 'Application cannot be opened' dialog box.

The .exe's don't open on a Mac, as far as I know? I'll try it with Wine and see what happens. Should there be a native Mac app?

Ok, edit: Tried running in Wine, program is completely unresponsive... bounces in the dock a few times then nothing.

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.16.10 PM.png

Edited by Amimir

Try using this EpsilonTiny client, Ross has confirmed it works on a Windows PC. https://ross.support/downloads/EpsilonRPStarter.rar

If you run the EpsilonWoW executable using wine or mono it may take a while to stream. If you have any equivalent of Window's Task Manager on Mac, check to see if the executable is doing anything as it can take the client a few minutes to perform the initial start up.

If you have any further troubles and need help on a more emergent basis, toss tech support a message on Discord in the #support channel.