Rabbit

.phase toggle select

Simple command, prevents people from using .gobj select in your phase. There really shouldn't be the option to select gameobjects in someone else's phases, or .gobj move to said objects.

We've spoken internally about .gob select in the past and it's not something we'll get rid of, in fact we're glad we have it.

However I am curious as to why you propose this suggestion, what issues do you see with people being able to select objects in your phase? It's a good way of finding out what a certain object is, especially in our tile mall. It's not like they're able to edit or modify the object in any way unless they're phase officers.
(yes I am aware you're suggesting a phase toggle feature, but I'm still curious as to why)

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png

On 27/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, War-God Matt said:

We've spoken internally about .gob select in the past and it's not something we'll get rid of, in fact we're glad we have it.

However I am curious as to why you propose this suggestion, what issues do you see with people being able to select objects in your phase? It's a good way of finding out what a certain object is, especially in our tile mall. It's not like they're able to edit or modify the object in any way unless they're phase officers.
(yes I am aware you're suggesting a phase toggle feature, but I'm still curious as to why)

It is mostly a question of personal safety. 
I don't like people flying around selecting my objects, whether I'm there or not.
As you mentioned it is strictly for .phase toggle purposes. I agree that others surely would love to share their gameobjects and it is a great tool for the tile mall, however I just simply don't feel comfortable with people having access to the .gobject select command in my phase.

A practical situation to help you understand would be people using .gobj move, then entering their phase and spawning the same object, effectively cloning your phase over to theirs.
It has happened to me before.

Edited by Rabbit

.gobject move requires officer rights. I honestly don't understand. Consider a typical small but very cherished set of objects, like a piano. How is one supposed to copy it? They would have to do .gobject select, .gob go, .phase own, .gobject spawn entry, and then return back to the phase.

But that's just a single object, and that took them some 15 seconds minimum. Trying to select every single piece of the paino and going over it would honestly take no shorter than 30 minutes. It's an extremely convoluted process, which is much easier to do by spawning it yourself, knowing what entries the piano is using--which is mostly stealing the idea, rather than the spawn itself.

In this situation, .gobject select serves only to hide the gobject's real entry. Don't you agree? I personally don't see why we'd want to give people a tool that serves only to diminish the overall quality of builds in Epsilon WoW. If a person is in your phase purely to window shop builds and is acting OOC, ban them, since they're disrupting RP. But otherwise, what does it matter?

sSHRE9G.png

11 hours ago, Azarchius said:

.gobject move requires officer rights. I honestly don't understand. Consider a typical small but very cherished set of objects, like a piano. How is one supposed to copy it? They would have to do .gobject select, .gob go, .phase own, .gobject spawn entry, and then return back to the phase.

But that's just a single object, and that took them some 15 seconds minimum. Trying to select every single piece of the paino and going over it would honestly take no shorter than 30 minutes. It's an extremely convoluted process, which is much easier to do by spawning it yourself, knowing what entries the piano is using--which is mostly stealing the idea, rather than the spawn itself.

In this situation, .gobject select serves only to hide the gobject's real entry. Don't you agree? I personally don't see why we'd want to give people a tool that serves only to diminish the overall quality of builds in Epsilon WoW. If a person is in your phase purely to window shop builds and is acting OOC, ban them, since they're disrupting RP. But otherwise, what does it matter?

I see what you mean. I don't think this is a problem on Epsilon, after all.