Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

Game Object Animation Setting

I think I made a thread about this in the past (it might have been elsewhere!) but I'll keep this suggestion short either way.

There's a lot of objects that have animations not accessible with  .gob activate nor .gob set state, but still have a great amount of animations.

Objects that come to mind are primarily spell objects, but can also be creature or playermodel objects (e.g. 7fx_nightborne_shield_state.m2 as a spell; algalontheobserver.m2 as an NPC object). These kinds of objects usually either spawn with the animation ID 0 (usually stand for NPCs; the 'Birth' sequence for spells) and are uncheangeable in that regard.

However, in some cases, spell objects might be a necessary thing to use where spells don't cut it or there simply isn't a spell corresponding to the object (an example is 6sm_nerzhulritual_state.m2). These kinds of objects constantly repeat their 'birth' sequence and do something like this. I'd embed this if I knew how.

To put it in words: the spell does its fade-in sequence over and over again, and never enters its fully active state. .gob activate is known to not work in this regard, and neither is .gob set state in the case of most if not all spell objects. (I'm not sure if something like 7bs_brokenshore_icebridge would count.)

I think it'd be a nice addition to have a command that behaves similar to .npc emote in the sense that you can force the object to play a specific ID (the most common ones for spells, for example, are 0, Stand; 158, hold; 159, decay.

This would allow for people to use objects as great visual effect guides when spells can't do at all.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

A set of commands designed to allow you to manipulate the animations of objects and units is slated for 735.4.

sSHRE9G.png

I'm excited for it!

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Sign in to follow this