Sign in to follow this  
ericgrayfur

Vehicle npcs: possible "taxis"

So basically I've been playing around with npcs and I've noticed that some of them can be rideable with certain conditions I cannot still grasp. Various examples would be "Traveler's Tundra Mammoth" (id:32640), "Wings of Steel" (id:37139) and "Horde Coffin Hauler" (id: 44764)
There are different type of rideability, I'm sure it's a db2 thing possibly server-side, but I was wondering if something could be done to make forged npcs rideable.

(Wings of steel is from a Bilgewater Harbor quest and the Coffin Hauler from Silverpine Forest, and it's the vehicle you can use as a "bus" of sorts)

Using the .npc cast command I managed to make npcs ride the various rideable npcs I found as an example.

I think something like this could give us players the possibility to make tours, buses, ships and the likes, combining rideability and waypoints planning.

Examples:

Spoiler

SW3m6bE.jpg

4rXlVG3.jpg

dXL7r9e.jpg

Io8vaYy.jpg

Excellent suggestion. I won't be able to investigate this for 7354, but I'll be looking into it for the next patch.

sSHRE9G.png

Upon further inspection I have found out that the npc flag "16777216" causes the npc to become rideable. I seem to have found some common ground with some npc having this line upon .npc info : "ScriptName: npc_casting"

Sign in to follow this