Sign in to follow this  
Zatori

Npc waypoint delay

If possible can we extend the npc waypoint delay from 1min to 30min? so one dont have to make 30 waypoints with 1min delay on each to then have an action.

You need an npc to stand at a specific location for **30 minutes** as part of its patrol? Could you explain your reasoning? The limit can be raised, of course, but I'd rather hear some justification first.

sSHRE9G.png

When we make an npc and add an emote to it so they would speak the max delay we can have on them saying it again is 1min. so it gets very spammy. so to avoid that we have to make a 1min delay waypoint 30 times for that text to be delayed by 30min. Hope that explains it better.

Oh, you don't want a patrol, you want an announcer. I'll have to investigate what's the least resource intensive way of doing this. Maybe the answer _is_ waypoints but I'm not so sure.

sSHRE9G.png

Thats how we do it now. we make a waypoint first with a text or an action emote. then we spam .npc delay in several waypoints to delay the next action so the chat wont get spammed. If one could simply extend the Delay from 1min to 30 it would give us a much easier time making delayed waypoints for npc actions.

It's much more likely an .npc announce say/yell/emote $text #interval_in_seconds will be coming instead.

That way, you can also make actual conversations or emotes take place every so long. And if you want to make some chat that is rather benign, such as a guard scratching his ass on patrol, if you make the interval not the same length as the patrol, he'll always scratch his ass at a different place.

sSHRE9G.png

Sounds like a great idea! we were talking about such when setting up npcs last night. but in a more convoluted manner. Such as an npc would have an RNG text of 5% so when he'd speak his line the other npcs would trigger a response from that line of text. Don't think that may be possible here in this case but as you' plan to do it, it may work, (aslong we're given a long time span to work with and not just max 1min) 

That would be so rad! :D Crossing my fingers for it to work smoothly in the coding for you guys!

Sign in to follow this