Sign in to follow this  
DavidTwo

HI-res ifying Vanilla Human buildings as seperate objects

Since there are some Vanilla buildings that were never Garrison-ified for WoD or Legion/BFA, I was wondering if it would be possible to get Higher-res versions of some of the human Vanilla buildings, such as:

blacksmith.wmo
goldshireinn.wmo

twostory.wmo

farm.wmo

lumbermill.wmo

redridge_chapel.wmo

nsabbey.wmo

magetower.wmo

stable.wmo

barracks.wmo
prisonlonghouse_redridge.wmo

intactprisontower.wmo

prisonhq_redridge.wmo

I think it'd be neat since some people do enjoy the vanilla buildings too, but with a newer look to them. (Maybe apply the Garrison textures and see how they work on them? O_o)

https://i.imgur.com/cyokwrR.png

Edited by DavidTwo

I'll have a go at this tomorrow.
I wish I could edit their UV to fit them better but WotLK+ WMOs really dont like blender; so it might not be pitch perfect, but the best I can do.
I've wanted to sort the vanilla humie blacksmith out for so long.

Edited by Kori

Some people actually remodeled the original models, so we can do something similar to it:

qvxC7LX.png 

PThkFsw.png

On the other hand, I've attempted this before and it works out quite well. Just that a skillful remodel would be much better as you can see rather than just texture swapping.

Some of these did get updated with the arathi basin hdify. I think it was only the blacksmith and lumbermill though, with some extra farmhouse alternatives.

3 hours ago, Rabbit said:

Some people actually remodeled the original models, so we can do something similar to it:

qvxC7LX.png 

PThkFsw.png

On the other hand, I've attempted this before and it works out quite well. Just that a skillful remodel would be much better as you can see rather than just texture swapping.

The beauty of 3.3.5 ?

On 6/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, Rabbit said:

qvxC7LX.png 

PThkFsw.png

Holy hell, that looks amazing!

Man, 3.3.5a.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:01 AM, DavidTwo said:

Holy hell, that looks amazing!

Man, 3.3.5a.

You don't need 3.3.5a to do this. You can do this in Legion and BfA nowadays.

Yeesh, I forgot I made this post.

I was more referring to the fact that you can do so much on 3.3.5a back then, including all sorts of upressed models on what was deemed a lower quality of WoW.

And-.. yeah really the fact that 3.3.5a had so many possibilities back in the day. You can definitely do it on BFA and Legion, just it's a slight more challenging (but the end result is usually great).