nimorrax

Talk Spells forcing NPCs to face north

Type of Bug: Spell/Cast System

Description: NPCs using these spells with the cast system, regardless of area or creature argument, have their spawn updated to face north.

Evidence: I can't show you, you have to try it yourself.

Steps to Reproduce: Spawn any NPC, set them up to cast a Talk spell with .npc cast on a loop, go to or update the spawn position of the NPC and you or it will be facing north.

Expected Result: NPCs shouldn't be forced to face north with Talk spells.

Observed Result: They do.

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Additional Information: The spells I've tried in question are: 6273 - [Force Target - Talk], 33227 - [Gossip NPC Periodic Trigger - Talk], 46990 - [Cosmetic - Talk - Test]. EDIT: So apparently the cosmetic combat spells also force NPCs to face north.

nevermind, its just really stupid and complicated to set up and use these spells. i hate it.

Edited by nimorrax

YyIxGPk.jpg
I'm some moron who jumps with rockets in TF2.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nimorrax2 if you need to find me, here i am. if i don't recognize you, PM me instead. because i ignore names i don't recognize.

"5. Do not plea for sympathy
Do not make posts about how you are leaving the forums. Just leave. 
Do not make posts about how the game isn't fun for you anymore.  Just stop playing.
Do not make posts about how you are going to kill yourself.  Just do it." - My favorite rule

If you could clarify in what way(s) it is stupid and complicated to set up said spells, that could possibly help us figure out a way that is less stupid and complicated. I cannot guarantee anything but, let us know what you consider to be an issue and we could have a look.

Zandalari Signature N' The Nekkid Troles.png