Myomeme

Old WoW Zones

So, we have Infinite Oceans and Infinite Flatlands as their own separate maps...why not have separate maps for Vanilla Kalimdor and Vanilla Eastern Kingdoms as well? At least, seeing we have a nigh infinite space to work on in those two regions, I see no reason it would be out of the realm of possibility to shove in the pre cata maps too.

9 hours ago, Litzzik said:

Not sure how easy it would be to come by the old maps.

Easily. Once Classic comes out, I'm sure Azarchius can rip good maps from it that are not as unstable as they used to be in Beta.

I've already done this; all it would take is some serverside trickery to make .phase shift viable.
These are the ADTs from vanilla, as well, not classic.

Edited by Kori

We will not add to the CDN any files taken from anything that isn't a live release.

Additionally, Classic/vanilla ADTs are a relatively complicated addition, because it involves downporting various models that have been changed since vanilla to the present (fore example--Stormwind has no collision). Various lamp-posts in Tirisfal Glades have been replaced, etcetera. Until we find a way to automatically detect and update these files, Classic maps will not be added.

sSHRE9G.png