Erkor

a spell forge

alright hear me out

There's countless new spell objects in BFA that are usable only sparingly without a game-object animation command (which I've been told is underway, but that's not the focus of this topic), and some are so situational that they're not particularly useful in any static environment.

I want to know if it could be possible -- or plausible -- to create a sort-of "spell-forge" in which you can assign sound, object and animation to a new ID in order to create, in essence, a new spell. While it's visuals only, it could open a lot of avenues with new  albeit unusable magic effects like the newly-added death, decay, and necromancy-based spell objects.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I totally love this concept. The fact is some spells are generally just uncategorized in the sense they have no real name, they can be called "arcane channel" and you may have 5 spells with that very same name, and it can get confusing as to which is which and which does what, as I know one such spell may only be an arcane channeling visual on the hands, while the other actually abjures an arcane barrier. And while my way of making such spells into macros with custom names etc, it is very, very restricting.

For starters, the macro's name can only have about 14 characters or so, and you cannot add a description as to what the spell does, so you have to REALLY depend on the macro's icon as best as possible along with the name, which you can't go fancy on. Macros also don't really let you add sounds alongside the spells. I am unsure if I have derived from the topic, but a spell forge where you can get a spell visual effect and assign a custom name, custom description, icon and casting time / sound effects would just be fantastic.

coollogo_com-22769966.png

Regrettably, what you describe is an undertaking far more monumental that it appears.

To create a spell, a number of tables need to be edited--which can reach up to 10-15 or so.  Additionally, spells are stored client side--in db2 tables, rather than in server code, so it will require streaming updates. So first, I'd like to get a clarification on whether what you *really* want is a spell forge.

While it's visuals only, it could open a lot of avenues with new  albeit unusable magic effects like the newly-added death, decay, and necromancy-based spell objects.

What does this mean? Why can't you make use of these spell objects already? Is the problem that you want to 'shoot' them at someone? Is the issue that you need them to perform their animations, which when spawned normally, they do not? Or?

sSHRE9G.png