Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Remove ground clutter server-wide

Hello,

I'd just like to briefly explain the title. As I am aware, a lot of people have in the past had issues with ground clutter, and not being able to phase shift it like the rest of the zone which they can, for examples such as; the clutter clipping through the ground of buildings, the clutter being in places where it is not wanted outside of buildings, and generally just some clutter being so tall and in such large quantities that your character is buried in it up to their heads. 

That about summarizes what I mean by having the ground clutter be removed server-wide, either it being removed permanently before even phase shifting a zone, or somehow make it so it only removes clutter if a zone is phase shifted, but this part wholly depends on the devs and if and how they choose to implement it most easily.

coollogo_com-22769966.png

Ground clutter is defined by ADTs so this is definitely possible with terrain shifting, but why not just lower down your ground clutter in your system options?

7 hours ago, Rabbit said:

Ground clutter is defined by ADTs so this is definitely possible with terrain shifting, but why not just lower down your ground clutter in your system options?

Because then it becomes client-only, and others will have to either see all that clutter or go through decreasing it individually as they enter the phase, and I am aware many won't bother with doing that, and then complain about the clutter

coollogo_com-22769966.png

You're asking for something pretty huge. Fortunately for you, I think this is possible. I cannot promise it anytime soon.

sSHRE9G.png

Sign in to follow this