Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

BFA Sounds/Music

I don't know if this is planned or eschewed until we potentially move to BFA as a whole but porting down BFA music would be a great addition for events that need music. BFA has a lot of really good tracks that fit a lot of certain combat scenarios and can break the constant repeat of the same X soundtracks for, say, combat, or large scale battles, or a dramatic stinger for a visual reveal.

If this is planned, great; if it's not going to be pursued, it'll be a shame, but I'm sure everyone (including me) can live with that.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

A client side patch for BfA sounds/music is more than entirely possible, and is almost like down-porting icons. If you mean including music so you can play them with the relevant .phase command, then there are alternative workarounds for that.

14 hours ago, Gardener said:

If you mean including music so you can play them with the relevant .phase command, then there are alternative workarounds for that.

That's exactly what I mean, although I doubt any of my friends would like the idea of "you'll have to download this or that to hear the music I'm playing" when it comes to addons. I'm not sure if there's any other alternative, e.g. making a bunch of empty sound kit IDs that people can use with patches the same way Azarchius did with displayIDs.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Adding all the music files (there are thousands and thousands) is trivial, but it's a lot of CDN files, and we will be updating to BFA the patch after 7355, so we cannot justify burdening the CDN with this at this time.

sSHRE9G.png

On second thought, we will be looking into this as we will not be updating to BFA anytime soon. Moved back to the main forum.

sSHRE9G.png

Sign in to follow this