Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

more command ideas

• .npc turn 

same as .gobj turn but for NPCs

• .npc rel

same as .gobj rel but for NPCs

• .npc emote #id locked

makes the NPC retain the animation while saying something with .npc say instead of doing the talk emote

• .npc face #degrees

makes the npc face a certain orientation

• .turn #degrees

like .gobj turn but for the player (found myself wishing for this command to exist at times)

EXTRA:

since razmataz seems to have outsmarted the outline mechanic for .gobj sel, i'm wondering if he can break the legion-added feature that makes players and NPCs look at eachother's faces to make NPCs look at certain targets/points ... :) yes this is a challenge, my friend

also please add NPC gossip features asap... love yall

Making NPCs face other NPCs/Players may be as simple as checking every now and then for the closest target within # yards and physically targeting them. But I'm a little nervous at the performance cost if someone does that to, say, 1000 creatures. Now every interval/update they'll do the check and we end up scanning a grid for entities within # yards to the NPC in question - which is by no means a cheap function.

Making them look at certain points could be done with them targeting an invisible NPC and that NPC could be on a waypoint if you so wanted them to pan their head every now and then.

You already have a command that'll achieve your ".turn #degrees" command: .gps face #

.npc emote #id locked would just need us to see if we can suppress the .npc say animation.

As razmataz has said above, gps face exists, as does .gps turn #

We can probably add the following to the task wishlist to be worked on:

• .npc turn

• .npc rel

• .npc face

Will move to pending.