Windlord

World Quest "Textbox" Command

So I'm calling this thing the World Quest Textbox, because I have no idea what term Blizzard uses to refer to this thing they have added ever since Legion. It's the textbox with the character's model, name, and whatever they're saying, with a cool animation for showing up. It's also the secret behind how the Heroes of Azeroth are speaking to you even though you're nowhere close to them. You're probably sick of seeing it with Magni and him telling you about the WOONS, champion! Anyway, here's a picture showing it. I took a quick skim throughout this forum and did not notice anyone else suggesting it, pardon me if I missed it.

Textbox.png.8913b7fb2d10d46836cd01a10b9146af.png

Why do I want this added to Epsilon? I think it would be a great way of beginning phase events or making other kinds of announcements within it. It's basically a cooler way of using /yell, but it's all about the small things here and there that add to immersion.

The command would be: .ph text <"Text"> or .ph textbox <"Text">
To enhance its usage, it could also be used as .ph text <DisplayID of character in the box> <"Name"> <"Text">. Without the first two, it just defaults to using your character, and your TRP3 name.
When the Command is used it shows the Textbox to all players within the phase, with everything that was inputted into the command.
The Command is restricted, making it only usable by the Officers and the Phase Owner in order to prevent abuse.

Edited by Windlord

I've not found anything in the core yet that forces this, but i've been looking into Blizzard's Talking Heads addon to see how it works, so it may have to be done via an add-on.

That would be amazing for people who DM! Awesome suggestion!

I mean pulling TRP3 data for characters is unlikely to happen BUT it would be cool if we could do it with NPCs using their GUID.

If an addon needs to be made for this, I'm all for it.

we attempted to make this work as .conversation commands but it was too bug-prone, there's a lot of behaviour on blizzards side that make it behave irreguarly and we can't control that.

best to be turned into an addon, but need someone to get a proof of concept of it and then tell me what messages to send to the client to trigger the chatboxes ^^