Miles

Three ideas to improve the DM toolkit.

I appear to have previously posted this in the wrong forum.. twice.. Idk what's wrong with my brain.

1 - .ph play loop

It's as the command says, I feel like the ph music thing will be used a lot more if there's the ability to loop ambient music. I think it could be fairly useful if there's some additional work done on this command.

Right now it plays a music ID from start to finish, what I'm suggesting are the following extra parameters. I don't know how difficult it would be to add this, but I assume it can be done similar to how TRP handles themes, but instead of a left and right click on an icon it's instead the following commands.

.ph play (ID) loop - Loops the music, good for ambient stuff.
.ph play (ID) stop - Uh oh I've played the wrong ID. Also stops the loop.

2. - .npc emote delay

Add a delay to the npc emote command so they repeat it after a certain amount of time. Would make it easier than to use an elaborate waypoint system to achieve this.

3 - .npc target [targetname]

NPCs will /target whatever's in the box and if applicable, turn their head accordingly. Perhaps if no target name is given, it'll target the nearest targettable target. Turning it off could be done by doing .npc targetreset or something.

Edited by Miles

On 3/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, Miles said:

I3 - .npc target [targetname]

NPCs will /target whatever's in the box and if applicable, turn their head accordingly. Perhaps if no target name is given, it'll target the nearest targettable target. Turning it off could be done by doing .npc targetreset or something.

I suggested this, afaik it's not priority but it's being worked on.

I think NPC scripting/book forge/NPC gossips are far more important to develop before 8.3 but the community has spoken. Oh well.