Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

Project: Restored Lordaeron

Restoring Lordaeron and the Eastern Kingdoms on Epsilon  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see this as a map in 8.3.0?

• Yes
    • No

Hi Epsilon,

I've always wanted to roleplay in the Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 settings in World of Warcraft. That is why I'm making this post. Some of you might have seen certain videos of projects that most likely - like many before - will never see the light of day. Considering the powerful tools that Epsilon has (and the many more that can be developed), I'm sure that we can achieve that same thing in-game. 

How could we achieve this? Well, I had planned to make a patch that would replace textures all over the Eastern Kingdoms zones and using the phase shifting functionality I would have recreated all of it to its previous state in history. I planned to re-enact the Second War, and then continue the roleplay into the Third War where we see the fall of Lordaeron. But seeing the state of certain technical limitations on my side, I contacted Azarchius in hopes that he could help me achieve this. 

He suggested that he will in fact be able to modify maps to that level with the coming of patch 8.3.0 on Epsilon, using classic maps from Classic WoW (which runs a modified version of 8.2) to assist us in the process. Although this sounds exciting, there is no point in implementing such a massive addition to the game if no one would make use of this besides me.

I am now making this thread/poll to hear your opinions on it.
I believe there are many of you out there who would like to see this happen.

Thank you
Rabbit

Sounds like a fun idea. I'm interested to see the complete reconstruction of Lordaeron with updated objects. 

Screenshot_545.png

Screenshot_489.png

When you remove the doodads from Tirisfal and you have a bit of dedication I feel like you could potentially make something fairly amazing.
86d470d036f94894a4327d1342f5a2a0.jpg

Additionally, there's Kori's map patch that'll let you play around with the old Tirisfal Glades, which with the right skybox can already lay a fairly decent template imodb19d708bcb682d60c59509045d0e7db.jpg

9 hours ago, Miles said:

When you remove the doodads from Tirisfal and you have a bit of dedication I feel like you could potentially make something fairly amazing.
86d470d036f94894a4327d1342f5a2a0.jpg

Sadly the Forsaken stuff ruins everything. Plus, Hillsbrad is completely ravaged (see Southshore and Hillsbrad Fields) and so are the Eastern Plaguelands. I know Azarchius can make the texture fixes in 8.3 so we'll see to that.

while not being somebody who actively rps, i would enjoy these maps to use for personal builds. i also would love to see what you and many others will cook up if these do get added. 

Just a few pictures from a phase I helped build last summer of a rebuilt Lordaeron ?  phase ID is 17297 if you wanted to have a look around. 

WoWScrnShot_032920_233751.jpg

WoWScrnShot_032920_233743.jpg

WoWScrnShot_032920_233508.jpg

WoWScrnShot_032920_234012.jpg

17 hours ago, Tere said:

Just a few pictures from a phase I helped build last summer of a rebuilt Lordaeron ?  phase ID is 17297 if you wanted to have a look around. 

WoWScrnShot_032920_233751.jpg

WoWScrnShot_032920_233743.jpg

WoWScrnShot_032920_233508.jpg

WoWScrnShot_032920_234012.jpg

Are you using a patch?

19 hours ago, Rabbit said:

Are you using a patch?

Nope, no patches. 

Definitely has terrain texture patch at a minimum. That, or he phaseshifted some map other than the EK continent.

sSHRE9G.png

On 4/16/2020 at 2:17 PM, Azarchius said:

Definitely has terrain texture patch at a minimum. That, or he phaseshifted some map other than the EK continent.

I saw the phase ingame, they used nagrand rockshelves and tiles to cover the bad areas.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:45 PM, Rabbit said:

I saw the phase ingame, they used nagrand rockshelves and tiles to cover the bad areas.

But what's that road? Looks like actual textures from high up at least.

Edit: Oh, it's Andorhal lol, of course. It has actually green textures in the western half. Didn't realize it was Andorhal.

sSHRE9G.png

On 9/13/2023 at 11:54 PM, Lord Heston Kingsley said:

Sadly it looks as though the phase is locked

Try 20340 instead, different phase but exactly what you’re after