Sign in to follow this  
Axmar

Better FPS in object heavy phases.

Just an idea that I'm not sure if it could ever be implemented or not - but basically I know that some objects are only visible in viewport and if you turn your camera away from the object's spawnpoint they no longer render. I.e the original cavelight objects but I think you already did something to remove that from them.

I was thinking would there be anyway to instead add that effect to let's say tiles or really any object but with a more refined approach to reduce lag in phases?

Thanks in advance. 

The technical term is called "Frustum Culling" in game development, wherein only what's on screen and what is about to be on screen is rendered. It exists somewhat in game in the form of WMO interiors, I think, but I once talked to an admin about it and they were pretty sure they'd need the proper source code to apply this to everything.

On 3/31/2020 at 6:52 PM, Perihelion said:

The technical term is called "Frustum Culling" in game development, wherein only what's on screen and what is about to be on screen is rendered. It exists somewhat in game in the form of WMO interiors, I think, but I once talked to an admin about it and they were pretty sure they'd need the proper source code to apply this to everything.

From what I recall, WMO's in general aren't rendered when outside your view, but M2's always are, and it's something that's not just a simple change in the client that can be made without altering the actual render pipeline, which would, likely, require the source-code for the client and recompiling it.

Edited by MindScape

MEwmZ8k.png

j0R3peR.gif