Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

Rabbit's Suggestions

Hi everyone

Below are all the suggestions for future features I could think of. 

• NPC Gossips

Being able to interact with NPCs with gossip dialog boxes, being able to set gossip options, change the option icons, bind scripts to options, change the background of gossip dialog boxes.

cUWqINJ.png

• NPC Formations

Being able to have NPCs walk in formations, similar to retail. Have guards walk together with the same distance from eachother, maintaining it at all times while they follow a waypoint.

qQPI0Vg.jpg

• NPC Scripting

Being able to make NPCs do several actions in a programmed manner upon triggering (such as a gossip option). Example: make npc say "Welcome!", play wave emote, wait 1 second, make npc walk to waypoint

• Book Items

Being able to create book items (.lookup book?) that are custom items you can read in your inventory.
DworaDt.png

• Book Objects

Being able to create book objects that can be read upon clicking on them.
 VdSL6pJ.png 

• Chest Objects 

Being able to create chest objects that can be looted (.look chest?) to pick items up. Perhaps also put items in?

• Points of Interest

Being able to place named landmarks that show up on the minimap. There are a lot of these in the game files.

687474703a2f2f696d61676573342e77696b6961

• Sign Objects

Being able to create objects (.look sign?) that display their name once you hover over them.

• Key Items

Being able to create items to go with locked door objects to open them.

EXTRA SUGGESTIONS:

Have .npc turn/face play the side shuffle animation on NPCs.
Make a version of each chair and door object that is not clickable (or in alternative, .gobj set clickable).

Edited by Rabbit

Great ideas actually. Would make phases feel even more alive and bring cool new opportunities.

Bit late, but here's what we'll have in 8.3:

• NPC Gossips is in, but still missing some of your suggestions - changing the option icons didn't seem to work, binding scripts to options needs a lot more time, changing the background is not something I've looked into yet.
  • NPC Formations is in. However some weird behaviour occurs when interacting with curving waypoints (i.e. waypoint node does not make NPC come to a stop on top of it).
  • NPC Scripting is logged as a thing to do, but no guarantee on progress.
  • Book items has some of the groundwork needed to make it work in place, but no specific progress on it.
  • Book objects depends on a complete overhaul of gameobjects - with a forge system. But the page system is in place (and could be made into a gossip system...)
  • Chest objects is not on the agenda.
  • Points of interest is also not on the agenda.
  • Sign objects depends on the same system as book objects.
  • Key items would be fleshed out after book items, I gather, because they introduce a bit of complexity.
  • .npc turn {there}{here}{likeme} will make the NPC shuffle.
  • Non-interactable gameobject variants is still something I'd like to see too!