Sign in to follow this  
V e r i

Elven Torment [Part 2]

(It was a very long while since I last made any posts, since I had kind of forgotten, but I've decided to pull together a part 2, to add more flesh to the elf I introduced, you can check my profile for the 1st part) The elf re-emerged in the bustling street after a somewhat long walk. She knew this place, her memory was fuzzy but from what she could recall she was here with a friend. She looked around, anxiety still present in her bones. The townspeople could be heard throughout the marketplace. Two humans walked past her, disappearing into the dark street behind her. Their faces were grizzly, and she couldn't help but feel a tinge of curiosity as to why they were going back there. With the dagger she had hidden in her pocket, she quietly followed behind, giving her full effort into being undetected. The humans continued turning throughout the empty back alley, and she began to realize the familiar footing. She was going right back to where she was before. She drew her dagger, and lunged. The first blow had struck clean and true, right into the heart. The poison on the dagger had managed to stay on, which had been lucky for her. She twisted the dagger as she quickly tried to yank it out, and it took a moment two long. The second human had managed to lift a brutish mace down on her left arm, causing her to scream in pain, but by how far they were in the alley, and how loud the marketplace was, nobody heard her scream. She had managed to yank out the dagger, and went for a quick jab into the second. It had hit, but it was on the very side of his chest, just barely hitting. She knew the poison was still on, but she very well knew a next attack could kill her. She ran away, sprinting as quickly as her feeble legs could carry her, cutting her foot on the cobblestone of the mostly abandoned alley, eventually making it back to the marketplace. She was more anxious now, full well knowing more of those humans could be coming. She rushed through the marketplace, though being careful not to shove anyone along the way. She didn't want to cause trouble. She had quickly made it back home, and locked her door. She heard a familiar meow. Oh no, she had been out there for who knows how long. Quickly, shame entered her heart. She had left the cat unfed for a day, or perhaps even more. Quickly, she rushed to look for the cat food. She opened several cabinets. Pans, no, no, not pans. Pots, no no no. Spoons and forks, no, that won't work. Knives, of course not. Cat food! She took out the food, and poured it into the boul. Perhaps it was a little much, but she didn't know the difference. She spoke gently, to the kitty. "Who's a good giiirl? That's right, you! You, Meowsieeesss!" She crouched down, petting the cat. A weightlessness in her pocket forced her to look inside. She had left the dagger back at the scene. She shrugged it off, not caring too much. That was over with, or so it seemed. There was new excitement in her heart, seeing that her kitty finally looked content. She went upstairs and into bed, to get much needed rest. As she fell asleep, she looked at a little birthday card she had received a long time ago. 'To Revenetha, from Ravenlocke'. That made her smile a bit. She liked that man, that Ravenlocke. Dreamy. A shame he died. She tried to sleep, but really couldn't, instead drifting off into a daydream of what was, and what could've been.