Sign in to follow this  
Bamalam

Exile's Reach Weapons

This patch adds in all of the new Exile's Reach weapons from the latest Shadowlands build.

Note: one of the swords /was/ edited by me to look more in line with the older, more low-res models. I will happily release a version of the patch with the regular sword model.

Download

Gallery!

4.9/5. My only criticism is that the weapons should have really replaced the vanilla stuff.

But that's a bit of a pitiful criticism nonetheless. Very well done patch.

3 hours ago, Skorm said:

4.9/5. My only criticism is that the weapons should have really replaced the vanilla stuff.

It SHOULD have only replaced the Vanilla stuff, tbh.

4 hours ago, Skorm said:

1 hour ago, DavidTwo said:

It SHOULD have only replaced the Vanilla stuff, tbh.

Yup! I would have very much loved to have /only/ replaced the vanilla stuff, but unfortunately, with how WoW handles models and textures, it would have been excruciatingly tedious to do.

You might've seen this before-- how, say, sword_2h_claymore has a texture like this:

image.png.dfe9feaa37e8b5f1a5b853c7a0363571.png

And then another sword, like sword_2h_broadsword_a_01-claymoreblack has a texture like this:

image.png.d0185fc8d2a68d8bfb45fa56903bc467.png

And then ANOTHER sword, like sword_2h_long_a_03-2h_claymore_01black, has a texture like this:

image.png.20d9724e948413fcea57ccc43f0a223a.png

Though it may look slightly different for each model, each of these swords /do/ use the same exact texture-- just mapped to better fit the individual models. If I had replaced, say, sword_2h_claymore, and with it its textures, I would have had fucked-up textures for those swords as well, which means because one texture/weapon got replaced, /every/ weapon with that texture would have to be replaced, or else it'd look something like this.

image.png.4d1c5b49a4c972ee2ff3d0321f76e66f.png

image.png.8d4bdb433efad42fa995a515cbc2cf63.png

That's not even taking into account how many actual recolors these models have-- I only had 3 recolors to work for for each weapon, with the exception of one of the swords and shields-- so I sort-of limited myself purely to models that were probably unused / not used by the majority of people, and had around 3-4 recolors to replace.

So, while I would have absolutely loved to have replaced just the vanilla weapons with this stuff (as it should tbh) doing that would've broken a lot of other weapons, and I'd rather avoid that.

Edited by Bamalam

Oh alright. I mean it's still a cool patch regardless and I'll probably download it.

I get why you couldn't have replaced the old vanilla stuff but I'm left scratching my head at some of the things you did decide to overwrite; a lot of the weapons that've been changed were really unique and (in my opinion) nice-looking ones to begin with. Stellar work beyond that, though.