Sign in to follow this  
Erkor

old azeroth

We have access to the files, right? I think it'd be nice to have the old worlds imported as non-replacing maps that can be shifted and edited on their own. My guild, for example - Stormbrace - is based on Classic's timeline. Certain maps in cataclysm are so incredibly changed that they're practically unusable in this guild unless we did some extreme mental gymnastics to try and imagine away Deathwing's destruction in the Badlands, or the giant gash between the Barrens zones.

Sure, it might have some problems, e.g. Stormwind City being broken, partially, but that shouldn't hold people off. Every other city works, to my knowledge, and Stormwind City in particular shouldn't be the lynchpin. I'm sure that issue can be fixed (considering stormwind.wmo and stormwind2.wmo are WotLK-era, anyways) after the fact.

I think players would be all-in-all glad about the addition, even if it comes with a minor bug in one model's collisions.

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Fantastic idea!

And I think since Classic WoW is on a more... modern file system/core, it'd be a pretty simple thing to do.

not sure if the stormwind collision bug is a thing on the 1.13.2 model. might have to give it a try.

spacer.png

necromancy bump because i dont want to make a thread for the exact same thing and i would love to hear an actual yes/no about this

[Gunmar] says: "I can't believe this 'Arahi' woman went down so fast. Storm my arse."

GUd5X5D.png

Spoiler

wye3c336bj4.jpg

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Came to bump a brother's post. Gotta let Raz and Aza know we mean bidness on this one. 

Plus the maps are easier to build on.

i can't really do much on this since it's not in my domain. i know we have to set up a new map id entirely (and, hey, maybe make it .phase shift map to impose it upon eastern kingdoms or whatnot).

Sign in to follow this