Sign in to follow this  
TUPAC

Help with Spellbreakers?

It has been awhile since I've RP'd a spellbreaker and I know different servers have different rules on what they do since there is such little information. So here is a list of questions if someone can answer them.

1. The RPG supplement says that they do not consume magic and avoid it so are able to do spellbreaker abilities, how true is this and if it is, how do they prevent themselves from starving into wretched? What would happen if they did consume magic?

2. Glaives, are they thrown or are they purely for melee?

3. Feedback, is the source of feedback their weapon or in them?

4. Spell resistance and spell immunity? How does it work? Are they innately resistant to spells but their glaives allow them further defense to spells?

5. How great is their physical prowess?

https://arathalion.tumblr.com/Spellbreaker_Guide

Wretched is a state of abuse. Think of it like a drug addict facing the consequences of addiction; withered on the other hand are the state of lacking. As for them not actually using the magic they drain... idk about that one. Maybe if its a magic they'd consider 'dirty' or 'dangerous' for what ever reason. Dont want to dispel void and put it into yourself. THe main point of it might be that you're dominantly dispelling/manaburning what ever energy youre dealing with.

"Mjolnir" like enchantment of throwing a weapon and calling it back is all over WoW(DH Glaives; Stormhammers; warden chakrams). Go ham with it. Their appearance in MoP and the guards inspired from them stick to melee. I do think their glaive throw in wc3 was to give them positioning behind footman/knights for game balance reasons but the solution is easy enough to work into RP.

Them and their weapon? Youre a mage hunter your prey is wily and comes in many shapes and forms. Have as many contigencies as they have spell schools.

I don't think anything in WoW has a passive immunity to magic. We have moved on from wc3, and a lot of things we have seen since then have moved on in kind: Infernals for another wc3 era example, even making a showcase of the era of lore and game mechanics trying to meld together in WoW Vanilla did not hold total magic immunity; the ogre breakers seem to be the only exception from the top of my head, they operate with extreme niches: single elements of magic; there is an exception to this but even he must focus himself, and recharge from an artifact(The felbreaker)

Theyre an elf. You arent going to win an arm wrestle with an orc... but before he was born you were practicing the blade; while he was suckling to life you wer- you've had eons to brush on strategy and martial skill: fight with magic; agility; and tact you should be good.

The spellbreaker brings blood elven mana destruction, and furthers it with even more tact. I'd suggest to imagine him, is your shield can occasionally reflect spells if not emit an addition arcane barrier. Make full use of counterspells: spellsteal; dispel; the spell of the same namesake. Prevent them from casting the spell. Failed? Throw it in their face right back or take it for your own, reactionary measures. A spell akin to feedback has survived into WoW, and you could just imagine feedback as an electrical element of this, manaburn. Dont assume that you have an instant win against all mages, merely the best odds.